Watch Quantity When Buying Tissues

Even at the Dollar Tree, you can miss bargains. I recently went to buy a small box of tissues, the cube shaped ones. I thought 80 tissues was a bargain, until I saw the oblong boxes and counted 175 or even 200 tissues in that style of box. Whoops!

The same goes for Ziploc bags, sandwich bags, and other packaged goods that offer several brands and styles.

Hope this helps.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem , OR

Thanks for the tip. I still remember the day my non-bargain-hunting hubby and I were shopping in a locally-owned drug store. He grabbed the nearest multi-pack of purse-pack tissues, then someone pointed out that we'd get a better deal buying 10 individual purse-packs. Twenty cents doesn't sound like big savings, but when you're on a fixed income as we are, every cent counts!

Even their packaging for food items needs to be watched. If you want to try sometime just to see how it tastes, their small $1 box would be less to throw out then a regular grocery store sized. BUT if you use it a lot, then it is not cheaper.

Example, the name brand box of chocolate chip cookie mix. Got my granddaughters this to try and see BUT the amount of cookies was 1/3 of the larger sized box for $1.99, so the $1 was not a bargain. I use their zip bags, their cleaners, their hair brush/comb, toothbrush, etc isle. Also their greeting cards of $.50.
But you indeed have to watch the sizes of things. And know your prices. All stores are stores of convenience.

One tip my son said (manager at a grocery) was don't go buy the small jar/bottle of something when there is the larger stock size on the shelf unless you know you use just a small amount. The small jar of peanut butter/jams/jelly for example, is almost the same as the large jar. Manufacturers trick to the trade. So he tries to show his customers the difference. He does delivery daily to many elderly clients/apartment houses/homes and tries to save them money. Yet, there are some that buy that same small jar, every week, because they have for years!