Use Handkerchieves Instead of Tissues

Using a cloth handkerchief can be a gentler option than paper tissues, especially if you have a runny nose from a cold. This is a page about use handkerchieves instead of tissues.

I have found that using a hankerchief rather than a tissue prevents the dry, red and chapped nose from a cold. Hankies may not feel as soft a tissue, but in the long run, it is much better. Although some might think is less sanitary than tissues, either way your hands are covered in germs and need to be cleaned before touching other objects.

When you think about the fact that tissues are made from wood pulp and hankies are made from cotton, it makes sense. Years ago my ex sister-in-law passed this on. Over the years, it has been tried and found to be true. An added benefit is that although hankies are not cheap, they can be reused for years. Thus making them far cheaper in the long run. Granted I still have some tissues for the odd sneeze or "wipe-up" of a youngster, I try to remember to keep one on my person.

By Zoek from Grand Junction, CO

Health & Beauty AdviceFebruary 28, 2017
😎
🐛
📓
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-23 17:36:50 in 769 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Handkerchieves-Instead-of-Tissues-2.html