Share Crafts

Recipe for Clove Oil

Does anyone have a recipe for clove oil?

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Mary (Guest Post) 02/16/2005

You can't really make clove oil easily. Go to a health food store and buy it in the essential oils section. It will seem expensive, but a little goes a very long way. Buy the store brand if you want to save money.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Susan (Guest Post) 02/17/2005

I've not tried this, but couldn't you just soak a bunch of whole cloves in some olive, almond or such oil for a week or 2 (or 3 or 4)? Just like one would make any other type of "scented" oil? I've not tried making any type of scented oil, due to the fact, as I understand it, there's a risk of rancidity.

If you do the health food store thing, you might check out some books there if they have recipes.

Good luck to you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 02/17/2005

Clove oil is made from the clove buds and is not something you can make and get an equililent substance. Buy your clove essemtial oil from a health food store or on the internet. It is a very concentrated oil, use VERY LITTLE at a time. More is NOT better.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Dee 3 142 02/17/2005

be careful if using for a toothache, I have heard that it can make you ill.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By heretic zero (Guest Post) 01/21/2008

You cannot make clove oil by adding gound cloves to oil. What that makes is flavored oil.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No