Using Mod Podge on Glass

I am trying to put fabric onto the back of glass plates using mod podge but when it dries I get streaks across the glass. How do I stop this streaking? Thank you.

By gamma13 from Belleville, Ontario

I have done this a few times and have never had a problem with streaks on the glass. I just went and looked at the one hanging in my daughter's room(I helped her make it as a project for a disabled people's 4-H group that she belonged to at one time.) What we did was we put the mod podge on the plate and then sprinkled some glitter onto the modpodge, then we applied the fabric. The fabric that we used was a black background with different prints of Elvis on it. She won a ribbon on it at the local level and it went on to the State Fair, where it also won a ribbon.

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on winning the ribbon. My neighbour and I have tried for 3 months now and we still get spotty glass from the modpodge when the light hits it. Obviously we are doing something wrong. Maybe using the wrong modpodge?

You can try applying it with a sponge (& pouncing in on). Also it helps to REALLY press down hard on the fabric with your fingers or a roller to remove the streaks. Then when it's half-way dried, do it again (press down on it). On the areas where there is no fabric, you'll have to carefully wipe off ALL the mod-podge.

* It helps to first clean off the additional wet mod-podge with a paper towel then use a little rubbing alcohol to clean off any additional mod-podge. If you miss a spot, once the mod-podge has dried, use fingernail polish remover to remove the dried on mod-podge.

Thank you for the feedback. I will try pouncing with the sponge. If I ever get it to work they would make lovely Christmas presents. I will keep trying until I do get it right.

I should add that I always use a piece of fabric large enough to cover the entire plate. I have never seen any that didn't cover the entire plate.

I have also had this problem and have realized that how important it is to carefully clean the plate first. I use alcohol and a lint free cloth, let it dry well, pick the plate up and look again to see if it is completely clean and dry - then I apply the Mod Podge. And what the other woman said about pressing down is very, very important!

Hope this has helped.

Thank you all very much for your tips. I will try cleaning the glass with alcohol first.

Christmas scene on glass
Using Mod Podge on Glass
Crafts DecoupageJuly 17, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
decoupaged bowl
Decoupage Tips and Tricks
Using Homemade Mod Podge
Making Homemade Mod Podge
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
🎉
🎄