Mod Podge Beading Up on Glass Vase

I'm trying to dye a glass vase with mod podge, but it keeps beating up and not sticking to the glass. Do you know why? It's not just streaking, it's not sticking at all, as if it's water proof glass.

It is possible you are using too thick or too thin a layer, but Mod Podge is pretty flexible so I am doubting that is the cause.

I have friends who swear by a very light sanding to the glass to get it to adhere better, but I never have done that (lazy), so if you are so inclined you could take a very fine sand paper on a test case and see if that helps.

Personally, if it were me, if you are using the brand name version, it can't hurt to call the company and ask for their advice and have them verify that they haven't had any recalls or complaints about bad batches. This is not common, but not unheard of.

Their contact info is plaidonline.com/.../contact

Make sure the glass is clean. Any dirt, especially grease, will prevent it from sticking well.

I always gently sand my surfaces before using something like Mod Podge. If the surface is slick (like glass) it will clash.

Clean the glass off with rubbing alcohol and a clean towel. Then let dry (doesn't take long) then try the mod podge in thin coats making sure it's dry before adding the next coat.

Mod Podge has many uses, are you sure you are using the right one for the job ??

This article may be useful: blog.consumercrafts.com/.../ but the article uses specific Modpodge "Sheer" Colors to achieve the tint.

you may want to use a different glue instead such as a Matte Medium

glass is pretty hard to stick to but your glass sounds like its' repelling the glue even more than normal so either finding a glass glue/product or sanding it /abraiding the surface a bit might work