Using Mod Podge to Attach Fabric Leaves to a Glass Jar

I am trying to use mod podge to glue material fall leaves onto a Mason jar. I have cleaned the jar with alcohol and done everything I know and cannot get them to stick. I am very frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

You need a stronger glue. Try Gorilla Glue.

If the item you choose is too bulky, the Mod Podge won't hold it, and it will fall off. Natural items need to be wiped clean with a damp cloth and then dried.Sounds like you have done everything right maybe try a different jar.

The fabric is probably too heavy to stick to something as slippery as glass. Try a heftier glue, even the craft spray glues are brilliant for that.

If Mod Podge isnt working for you follow these steps:

Step 1
Clean your glass jar in hot soapy water.

Step 2
Dry the jar completely and make sure there are no wet surfaces.

Step 3
Make sure your leaves are completely dry before adhering them to your jar.

Step 4
Spray the back of your leaves with spray adhesive. Coat the leaves with the spray.

Step 5
Lay the jar on its side and hold in place using some wood blocks or another method so the jar won't move. Affix the leaves to the jar. Use your fingers or a pair of tweezers to smooth out the leaves on the jars surface.

Step 6
Affix a few leaves to the jar at a time. Let the adhesive spray dry before moving your jar. Once the spray is dry you can now roll the jar over to continue affixing leaves to the jar.

Step 7
Use fingernail polish to remove the glue on your fingers.

I have never had really good luck with applying anything to glass using Mod Podge so I cannot help you there as you seem to be doing everything right and other responders are all giving advice on other types of glue.

If you decide to try another type of glue there are several that will work with attaching fabric to glass. I do like to use one of the little foam brushes to smooth the material when affixing it to the glass so not bubbles or wrinkles are left.
These are the highest recommended "glues": E-6000 - Gorilla - spray adhesive.
Here is a very useful link that gives information on many glue types and there uses. You will find information on all of these glues.

www.dreamalittlebigger.com/.../glue-guide-use-the-right-glue-for...

Try painting the glass jar with modge podge (MP first.) Adhere the fabric leaves and the paint over each with MP as you put it on the jar.