Cleaning Formica

I have Formica countertops and also Formica on the back of my stove. Could you please tell me how to get grease spots off of my Formica on the back of my stove.

By Pat

Try some of the cleaners made specifically for kitchen grease. Or wet a rag with hot water and squirt a little dish washing soap on it and try that.

I've had very good luck with the foam "Kitchen Cleaner". Spray the foam on and let it sit for 5 or 10 min. A clue that it's working is the foam will take on a yellow/brown hue.

The best thing that I have found for removing grease on anything, including clothes is a product called 'Greased Lightning'. You can find it at Home Depot and I'm pretty sure that Walmart sells it to. I cleaned the range hood filter at my son's house with it. The filter was there when he bought the house and looked like it had never been cleaned - it was dark brown and sticky. He had no hot water so I filled the sink up with cold water and dumped about 2 cups of 'Greased Lightning' in. I let the filter sit in the sink overnight and the next day after using a soft scrub brush on it, it was silver looking and all shiny. Try it...I know you'll like it.

Cleaning Formica
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 20, 2011
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica