Browsing: Homemade Facial Scrubs

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Homemade Facial Scrubs

Facial scrubs are a great way to keep your skin looking nice and young. Store bought scrubs can be expensive though. This is a guide about homemade facial scrubs.

Salt and Herbs in Wooden Bowls
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 10, 2011 Flag

Baking soda can be used as a facial scrub for oily skin either alone on a damp washcloth or with a little soap. It leaves skin soft and smooth.

To make a salt or sugar scrub for dry skin, fill a small jar with salt or sugar. Add baby oil or vegetable oil until the salt or sugar is moistened. Massage about a teaspoon of it over your face or other areas with your fingers, then rinse with warm water. Towel off any excess.

For portable face-cleansing, fill a cosmetic jar with large cotton balls or gauze pads. Mix together in equal amounts rubbing alcohol and water. In place of water you can use green tea, a herbal tea made from chamomile or lavender (soothing), or rosemary (refreshing). The alcohol keeps it from spoiling. Add a few drops of baby oil or vegetable oil if your skin is dry. Put enough of this mixture in the jar of cotton to wet it thoroughly. Screw cap on well, so it won't dry out.

By Jennifer from Gilbertsville , NY

January 9, 2016 Flag

I really need a face scrub because before I go to bed I want to feel refreshed and ready for the next day. Does anyone have a DIY face scrub without lemon, grapefruit, lime, or oranges, basically no citrus fruits or veggies? Thanks for all the suggestions. My face is really sensitive so can you suggest face scrubs that are kind to sensitive skin?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm not sensitive to anything so I'm not sure how this will work for you, but I use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. I just make a paste and spread it on my face and scrub with my hands or if in the shower with a wash cloth. Smooths and makes my face brighter! I also add some coconut oil every once in a while. I also use coconut oil on my skin - all over. It is NOT greasy if you rub it in well. Good luck!

Just use baking soda. It exfoliates but it's not real abrasive. I do that often and I also use coconut on my face as well as my whole body.

Read More Answers...

February 24, 2012 Flag

I decided to try a brown sugar scrub, what a treat! I didn't think I would like it and I am glad I tried it.

Mix 1 cup brown sugar with half cup olive oil,and mix well. Your skin will be so soft. Used on your face followed with lemon juice, you will see an improvement in your skin within a week.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

July 13, 2011 Flag

I put about a tablespoon of sugar in my hand and add any lotion on top of it, then rub it onto my face and neck for about a minute or as long as you like. Rinse well. My face and neck feel so soft and looks smoother.

June 16, 2009 Flag

I have tried so many facial scrubs and either they didn't work or they were too expensive. Does anyone out their have a simple recipe for a facial scrub? One with not too many ingredients. Thanks.

By annie bee from Del City, OK

Best and only facial scrub that I have used for years consists of 1 cup of dry oatmeal and 1 tablespoon cornmeal. In a small food processor or blender, grind up 1 cup oatmeal until a very fine powder. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of cornmeal to the oatmeal, and grind again for approx. 30 seconds. Done. Empty the scrub into an airtight container. I make only 1 batch at a time to ensure the product stays fresh. When using the scrub, I sprinkle it on a wet washcloth to allow the mixture to absorb water and soften up. Scrub gently in a circular motion, avoiding eye area. Rinse thoroughly.

Scrubbing your face every night with baby shampoo will clean oily skin and help get rid of blackheads.

Read More Answers...

November 4, 2008 Flag

Baking soda makes a fantastic facial scrub! Just mix around a teaspoon of baking soda with a little dab of mild liquid soap, and a drop or two of water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly with warm water.

September 7, 2014 Flag

Which is good, using salt or sugar, as a facial scrub?

By Vila

Villa: I swear by equal parts sugar and olive oil. I love the scrubbing affect it gives me and it's soooo cheap. You just need enough to use on your face daily, so I just put a drop of oil about the size of a quarter in my hand, and then enough sugar to mix it up. I hope that helps.

PBP

Well I use half a jar of cheap salt and five table spoons of healing lotion and mix it up til well blend. Since I like my thick I add more salt in til thick. It help me remove dead skin and soften at the same time. Best time to use in a hot streaming shower. Rinse of and their you go ,soft fresh looking skin. It works for me every time! If you decide to add more salt use it twice a week.

March 21, 2007 Flag

Instead of paying for expensive facial dermabrasion scrubs, I use fine granulated sugar! Pour your usual amount of your favorite facial cleanser into the palm of your hand, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar, rub hands together, then wash/scrub your face gently.

January 26, 2006 Flag

For a good clean face, dip a cotton ball into olive oil and a bit of white sugar.

March 14, 2002 Flag

Just mix 2 parts oats with 2 parts honey and mix it together in a blender. Then massage it into your face and rinse well. It leaves your skin nice and clean feeling. It helps get rid of all the dead skin. About two tablespoons of honey and oats works well for one use.

July 25, 2012 Flag

How do you make homemade facial scrub?

By Karen from Lakeville, MA

Well, there are tons of recipes here on Thrifty Fun and online for all kind of different facial scrubs. I have used olive oil and sugar mixed to make a body scrub, but it's a little too harsh for the face. I've heard that some people use a finer grain - like baking soda. Other people use oatmeal and honey.

My aunt taught me to soap my face and then use sugar as a scrub. It works.

November 13, 2010 Flag

A doctor on TV gave the ingredients for a facial scrub using sea salt, sugar, olive oil, and lime juice. I have lost the copy I wrote down. Does anyone know of such a facial?

Load More
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FacialsSeptember 7, 2011
woman with nice skin
Making and Storing Homemade Facial Peels
Homemade Body Scrub
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Preparing Oatmeal Facial Scrubs
Oatmeal Facial Scrubs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 1:56:10 AM on 10.0.0.77 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.