Homemade Facial Scrubs

I have tried so many facial scrubs and either they didn't work or they were too expensive. Does anyone out their have a simple recipe for a facial scrub? One with not too many ingredients. Thanks.

By annie bee from Del City, OK

Best Answer

I have 2 for you:

#1) Mix finely ground Cornmeal with Vinegar (apple cider works best) I was told about this from an older women who ran a modeling agency in the 1950's.

#2) Sugar (that's it, plain old Sugar!) Sugar works great, but I would stay away from it if you're prone to acne or fungus because it can cause bacteria or fungus to grow if it's not washed off completely.

I like either of these because they have no dangerous oils to slip on when showering, but you can add baby oil to sugar (or salt) if you like for added moisturizing. For even more moisturizing you can add a mashed up avocado.

* On your body you can use table salt as well as sugar. Sugar or Salt make wonderful exfoliating scrubs to use right before using a self-tanner cream. My daughter swears by plain Sugar & always scrubs her legs & body before applying self tanner. (she keeps an empty asprin bottle filled with sugar in her shower) This why her self-tanner goes on smoothly & evenly. Pay close attention to your knees, elbows & heals & scrub them well! (Don't use salt if you have a cut or open wound!)

Best Answer

Just add a little bit of baking soda to your facial cleanser. it gently exfoliates without damaging your skin.

Best Answer

Equal parts sugar and virgin olive oil. There is nothing cheaper or easier to make. It's wonderful!!

Best Answer

A gentle scrub is baking soda. If you want acne to be fixed, try uncoated aspirin (usually can find at dollar stores), a few in the hand with a few drops of warm water. Rub on your face. If you have time, use some honey (preferably local and fresh) with a few aspirin (dilute with a drop or two of water to dissolve), rub on face and leave around 10 minutes, wash off. Smooth and clean!

Best Answer

from recipegoldmine.com

Brown Sugar Facial Scrub

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar

1/2 cup sweet almond oil*

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1 tablespoon ground oatmeal

1 teaspoon nutmeg

Large pinch calendula petals*

Mix all together and put in jar with tight lid.

* Found in health food stores.

Best Answer

Depending on what you want to do with scrub and how sensitive your skin is. I made this one for a spa day for the women in my family a few years ago.

Oatmeal Smoother

1/2 cup ground oatmeal.(easy to do, just put non-instant oatmeal in a blender or food processor and process until ground)

1/2 cup powdered milk

Mix this dry mixture together. Store in zip bag, jar or tin. Can be used daily. TO USE:Mix 2 tsp of dry mix with 2 tsp water to make a paste. Stir until smooth paste is formed. Massage onto face and throat. Rinse. If you want to exfoliate, add some coarse salt or ground almonds to the mixture. SOURCE: "The Herbal Body Book" by Stephanie Tourles

Anonymous
Best Answer

I have used used coffee grains ( from the same morining) mixed with my moisterizer and it actually wakes my face up as well. Got that from here one day last year.

Best Answer

Kitty litter it is clay. Just add water and put on face.

Best Answer

Make a paste of baking soda, oats/oatmeal, water and cinnamon optional for pleasant scent. Scrub your face with this. Not too many ingredients, not too expensive. Dab some lemon juice on a cotton ball for a nice refreshing toner afterward.

Moisturize as usual.

Best Answer

Buy the cheapest rough scratchy terrycloth washcloths you can find, put any kind of soap or cleanser on them, and scrub away. Terrycloth is gentler than loofah and is reusable over and over and over.

Best Answer

Cetaphil liquid facial soap + baking soda. I use it in the shower and scrub all over my face and neck... smooth and very soft skin afterwards.

Best Answer

Scrubbing your face every night with baby shampoo will clean oily skin and help get rid of blackheads.

Not sure if this site was listed in any of the archives (there are quite a few to read through lol)

http://www.bathandbodyrecipes.com/

There are recipes for everything from pet shampoo to facial scrubs to bath bombs. Have fun with it, and good luck.

I have been reading these recipes and have noticed some call for the oats to be ground. Please remember to do this when you are making anything that will be rinsed down the drain, otherwise they can clog the drains.

Cornmeal mixed into your liquid facial cleanser in the palm of your hand. (Don't put it in the bottle!)

Anonymous

Sugar, Honey and Lemon Juice.

Do not use baking soda! I tried it and I was left with blotchy skin and dry patches everywhere. I also broke out and my skin was fine before I used it. Sugar mixed with oil is much more gentle.

I found that a sugar scrub was too sticky for me. It was a store bought product, so maybe if I make my own I would like it better. I like the idea of cornmeal as explained by Beth. The scrub that I buy now is very expensive, but great. (Lancome) I would love to find something that didn't cost as much. I tried Olay, but it wasn't nearly as good as Lancome. I promise, I am not promoting Lancome, I just really really like their scrub.

There are many great recipes to choose from here.And thanks for sharing Bath & Body recipes .com.You can also go to Tea web sites to get lots of recipes & TheHerbalQuarterly.com for recipes. I've got a whole (Long List) of these recipes & have tried lots of them.Happy Saving! : )

Best and only facial scrub that I have used for years consists of 1 cup of dry oatmeal and 1 tablespoon cornmeal. In a small food processor or blender, grind up 1 cup oatmeal until a very fine powder. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of cornmeal to the oatmeal, and grind again for approx. 30 seconds. Done. Empty the scrub into an airtight container. I make only 1 batch at a time to ensure the product stays fresh. When using the scrub, I sprinkle it on a wet washcloth to allow the mixture to absorb water and soften up. Scrub gently in a circular motion, avoiding eye area. Rinse thoroughly.

Anonymous

I use a little sugar, coconut oil, and a drop of peppermint oil. Mix it up and put it in a covered container by my bathroom sink. I love it. Dead skin is gone, dry skin gone, feels and smells wonderful.