Designer Canvas and Leather Bag

I purchased a designer bag at an auction and didn't realize how badly it needed to be cleaned until I had it in my hands... but I still loved the style of it and got it anyway thinking I could clean it and it would be fine. The leather is in perfect condition, but the canvas looks like it became a 4 year old's graffiti board. Resolve upholstery cleaner got some of it out, but it still needs a lot of work. After getting super-frustrated, I considered soaking the whole thing in bleach water... but that would ruin that gorgeous leather. Help! What can I use to remove the ink stains from the canvas, without damaging the leather?

Signature Grace from Home of the BULLDAWG

I would recommend taking it to a drycleaning place and asking them about. Perhaps they can help you.

My favorite all purpose spot remover, even for candle wax, is Spot Shot. It comes in an aerosol can and now is also available in a spray bottle. Works on just about anything

Just look up the manufacturer's toll free phone number and ask them what they would charge to clean your bag.

They job THEY do would probably make it look brand new. Then ask them how you can maintain it's cleanliness at home.

Could you possibly make another lining to replace the one inside the purse? I dont think I'd try to take the old one out, but rather make something like a slipcover to cover the old lining. I'd try to just sew it right on the top of the old one.

Best of luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 29, 2007
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather