Carry an Insulated Shopping Bag in Your Car

Frugal and Green! Purchase one of those heavy duty insulated shopping bags and keep it in your car for when you're grocery shopping. I find it especially helpful here in the South, during the summer. Now you won't have to worry about your food getting warm or defrosting on the drive home. They are very inexpensive. They fold flat and take up little storage space in your car when not in use. Yet they open to a generous sized bag. I bought mine at Sam's Club, but they are available elsewhere.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

In warm weather I keep an old styrofoam picnic cooler in the car. When I shop for frozen things I will bring along some frozen freezer gel packs--you know, those things that you freeze to keep your lunch cold. Great for keeping your items cold on the way home from the store.

I even found these bags at the Dollar Tree the other day! Best find in a while, even if my DH did say, "Why in the world do you need that thing?"

You can tell that Sandy is in the South. We have insulated bags in all our cars. They are so necessary and a life saver in the middle of our Ga summers!

Since living in Florida for 10years I have a kept a cooler in my van year round. Even now living in Missouri, I keep a cooler year round, it also comes in handy when trying to keep things warm. 8>)

My sister gave us one of these for Christmas recently. Since hubby likes to make impromptu stops on the way home from the grocery, this has been a lifesaver - and we live in Ohio! lol!

I have two that I got at Ingles for .98, after buying 6 frozen items. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I also have some that I got from ALDI. They are worth the money

I do this very thing too and also have the bag from Sam's. It holds a lot and does a good job.

Organized Items in a Car Trunk
Organizing Your Car's Trunk
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingMay 14, 2009
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
Insulated Drinking Glass
Using Insulated Drinking Glasses
🎉
🎄