Discouraging Spider Bites

Is there a plant, oil, lotion, etc. that will keep me from getting bitten by spiders?

By Tammy from Wenatchee, WA

One thing is don't drink things like pop or things very sweet, it makes your blood sweet which is what they want. This will also help with mosquitoes too. If you don't drink things that are sweet and sugary, your blood will be bitter and they won't want it.

Are you sure that you are getting bitten by spiders? are they abscesses/boils instead? It is more common for people to have repeat abscesses/boils than repeat spider bites.

Yes I'm sure that we are definitely being bitten by spiders. And no I don't like sweets really, occasional fresh fruit is about as sweet as i can handle most of the time. But thank you for answering me. Any other suggestions?

If the spider problem is in your home, you should see about fixing that before you do anything to discourage them from biting you. Being prone to spider bites would severely creep me out and I'd be looking to get rid of them before anything else.

Anonymous

A spider bite or two is normal once in awhile but if you're getting more than that then you need to stay away from areas where spiders hang out and populate or, as Spanish Girl mentions, if they are in your home you need to rid the inside of your home of the spiders. There really isn't anything that is going to stop them from biting you other than staying away from them.