Removing Odor of Ladybugs from House

How do I get ladybug scent out of my house?

By Trudy from Trout Run, PA

Best Answer

I had no clue that ladybugs smelled bad! :-o Reading the following link I just can't help but ask how many are in your home? :-o The link explains what the compounds are that create their smell but I think you're going to need to do the homework about those compounds to find out how to get rid of the odor :-(

In the meantime, try putting out small bowls of vinegar in out of the way places around your home because vinegar absorbs a lot of nasty odors. And maybe an exterminator can give you other ideas of how to remove the odor.

Let us know what you find out please :-)

Best Answer

They are probably not lady bugs but an orange look alike called the Asian beetle. They smell bad when smashed and stain as well. They usually get really bad in the fall during harvest as they get kicked up out of the soy plants, corn, etc. They crawl into cracks and crevices to overwinter. I haven't figured out to get them to leave on their own. I vacuum them with a dust buster or my regular vacuum. This way they don't get smashed.

Have you tried burning a candle? Good luck.

Asian Beetles
Getting Rid of Asian Beetles
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 23, 2010
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Getting Rid of Lady Bugs
Getting Rid of Lady Bugs
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine