Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Any good ideas for a Mother's Day gift which is homemade?

By Jody from Evansville, IN

Anything and she will love it simply because you made it. Example: When I was MUCH younger on my Mother's birthday I would always buy her a birthday cake. Then one birthday I decided to make one myself. The reaction I got from her you would have thought it cost a million! She said it was the first time anyone had made her a birthday cake. The cards with notes I've gotten from my kids and grandchildren are the most precious to me. Last Mother's day my grown Daughter with children of her own sent (mailed me) me one artificial pink rose than when I pushed a button it played "You are my sunshine". I cried when I got it; I sang that song so many times rocking her to sleep as did my Mother to me. I later found out she got the rose at a thrift store. No matter; it's one of the best gifts she ever sent me.

Do you dabble in art, or are you more advanced? Doesn't matter to a mom. I only discovered after my mom's death four years ago that she'd kept the truly ugly bust I'd sculpted my freshman year of high school.

If you're proficient at MS Word, for example, you could make a ook. Another TF user recently suggested creating and printing a joke book. If you're of a poetic bent and your mom loves poetry, that's an idea, too.

Paper with letters spelling Happy Mother's Day, ribbon, flowers, and glitter hearts
Homemade Mother's Day Gifts
Holidays and Parties Gifts HomemadeMay 6, 2010
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Memory jar with decorative ribbon.
Making a Memory Jar
Mother's Day Heart  Cookies
Making Mother's Day Cookies
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 7:26:48 PM on 10.0.2.64 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.