No Cheesecloth for Cheesecloth Bag

When the recipe calls for tying up seasoning in cheesecloth bags and you don't have cheesecloth, use coffee filters and stitch them together or fold in a pkg. and staple shut. (Example: pickling spice in cooked chile sauce) Works great!

Ann P. Emond

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Great advice, it was very useful to me.

Thanks !!!

You can also use a tea ball. I used one before and it work fine

You can cut a 6" x 6" square from a clean but old t-shirt and bind the ends with a rubber band to make it look like a little ghost and discard after use. Since I'm out of old t-shirts, clean ones at least, I'll try the coffee filter for my rhubarb syrup. Spanks for the tip. Out!

Thanks for the advice, Im getting ready to make some hot pickled eggs an I forgot the cheesecloth, now I can make my eggs and not have to go back to the store.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsNovember 8, 2004
cement bags
Opening a Bag With Stitched String Closure
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 9:19:59 AM on 10.0.1.140 in 897 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.