Use Stuffing Mix for Meatloaf

When making a meatloaf, try adding a package of dry stuffing mix (I use the generic brand) to your meatloaf mix instead of using breadcrumbs, oatmeal, etc. The stuffing mix contains just the right blend of herbs, and makes the meatloaf very tasty. My sons love it!

Source: I overheard a lady in a grocery store saying that this is the way her daughter makes her meatloaf.

By Sally from Pittsburgh, PA

LOL!!! I have been doing this for over 20 years! It was the secret ingredient I had to give up when my girls started their own families!!

Jill, in VT

I had been doing this for around 30 years.I started thinking,instead of using bread crumbs(where I would have to tear pieces of bread up),why not use the thing that is "tore-up". All I would have to do is mash a cup of stuffings up,and,unless I want to, I don't have to put that much herbs and seasonings in it. My hubby says it is the best meatloaf he has ever tried. Weezy

I use a packet of "meatloaf seasoning" and a packet of "brown gravy mix", along with an egg, and the family loves it, and is telling all of their friends. Hope this helps.

Yeah it's great! I have been doing it for 15 years. I love the gravy idea. I will try that one. I never use a whole pkg of stuffing though. I'd like to hear more on meatloaf recipes, people!

yeah its great! i have been doing it for 15 years. i love the gravy idea. i will try that one. i never use a whole pkg of stuffing though. i'd like to hear more on meatloaf recipes, people!

I have also used croutons i had laying around, whirl them in a food processor. tastes great :)

My smart daughter also likes to take stale croutons, smash 'em up (good for that pent up anger) and then makes fried chicken or chops...YUMMY!

Meatloaf
Stretching Meatloaf
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 11, 2008
Stove Top Stuffing
Recipes Using Stove Top Stuffing
Stuffed Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf Recipes
Mexican Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf Recipes
Delicious Stuffing
Tips for Making Delicious Stuffing
🎄
🍂