Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Candle Wax From Fabric

I have candle wax on my BCBG black nylon spandex leggings. How do I remove it?

By Nancy from Longview, TX

By Luana M. [82]07/28/2011

I do same thing everywhere wax has melted. Get paper towels, many because you want to use several. Get warm iron and use over paper towel once you see its coming off change towels. Don't let iron on fabric without towels. It works, good luck!

By Paula Jo C. [6]12/22/2010

Put them into the freezer, once frozen peel the mess off and wash as normal.

By Sharon [1]12/21/2010

I'm not sure about spandex, but you might try using a cotton dish towel and make sure it is damp then put it over the place where the wax is then iron it, or just set the iron on it. I use that method when I have had it in my carpet or gotten of the furniture. It's worth a try.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Candle Wax From Fabric

My boyfriend spilled candle wax on my placemats and tried rinsing them right away. Will this still come out or should he have let it settle first?

By Parrish from Buffalo, NY

RE: Removing Candle Wax From Fabric

Assuming they are fabric, place a brown paper bag over the wax, and "iron" the spot where the wax is. I used this to remove wax from carpeting and it worked quite well. (11/30/2009)

By PBH

RE: Removing Candle Wax From Fabric

You can also use candle wax remover. Good luck! (12/01/2009)

By cj7251

How can I remove candle wax from fabric?

By Christine from Dubuque, IA

RE: Removing Candle Wax From Fabric

I would say to put it in the freezer and hopefully it will pop off when you take it out. If not, get as much of it off as possible and then take a brown paper bag, put if over the spot and then iron over it on low. This will pull the wax on on to the paper. Do this over and over covering the spot with a new section of the paper bag until it is completely gone. Let me know if this helped. :) I would also then pre-wash it. (11/14/2010)

By tobeamiss