Window Treatments My Living Room

I need help decorating my small living room. I have two colors on my wall. The top portion is cream and the bottom half is sage green. My furniture is black leather and my floors are dark frown hardwood. Please give my suggestions on what color to use for window treatments as well as accessories. Thanks for any help.

Tammy from North Carolina

I personally would go with the sage green for window treatments, or a pattern with the green and brown and cream in it. Just take those three colors and use them for accessories, maybe adding a little black here and there

the picture in my mind is wood blinds that match the color of the floor with a fabric covered valance at the top. a nice pattern picking up on the colors of the wood blind and either the furniture or the wall colors. chances are slim you could find something with all the colors but if you could and it had any other small accent colors you could get pillows or rugs to match that accent color for splash.

You need a patterned fabric to go with all the solid colors you have. Try to find something that has all those colors in it..it will look like you used all the colors on purpose. Gold would be a good color then for throw pillows and scatter rugs.

I'd go with something in the maroons in a silky fabric.