Substitution For Non-Dairy Creamer

Have you read the ingredient list for non-dairy powdered creamer? Kinda scary. I love the price and the way it tastes and flavors my coffee, though. I am looking for a replacement that is just as creamy. I don't like milk or half and half. Just curious if anyone else has any creamy substitutions? (I don't like flavored creamers either).

Thanks so much, just trying to be healthier!

Robin from Marietta, GA

Hi Robin!

I know what you mean about that creamer stuff! Have you ever tried using just powdered milk? I use that all the time! I even make "fake" cream by just adding a LITTLE bit of water to about a half cup of powdered milk. I've used this with guests and no one has ever noticed the difference! There is virtually no fat, and you get around twice the amount of calcium and Vit. D (compared to regular milk) and no weird unhealthy trans-fats or bad ingredients!! Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,

Carrie from Eastern NC

Fat Free half n half

Oh thats sounds great, I will put powdered milk on my grocery list. Any particular brands better or worse?

We use powdered milk also & no one has ever c/o'ed.

my hubbys father used evaporated milk in his coffee and sweetened condensed milk i tried both and they are a great substitute

Hi,

What I do is save my plastic jars of coffee creamer. Open a new coffee creamer and on a newspaper on the table, I mix the same amount of powdered milk and coffee creamer and put it in the 2 creamer jars.

I buy my powdered milk at Sam's club, in a big container. I still get the flavor and less of the bad stuff.

we use non fat dry milk and my husband can't taste the difference. I put in an old contanier I had at one time. I don't use any particular brand of milk.

This might seem strange, but I've used flavored soy milk.

I use vanilla soy milk.

I use chocolate soy milk by SILK. Be careful to only use a soy milk that says it can be used in coffee (or anything warm) because if it doesn't say so, the soy milk will "curdle"!

Has anyone ever had an after taste from the powdered creamer. I don't know how they make it but ever time I used it I would get heartburn and I would get the taste of Soap in my mouth.

If you'll read on the ingredient list of Non-Dairy Creamers you'll find, perhaps to your surprise, that it's corn sugar, and flavor. So, just use Corn Starch mixed with equal parts of powdered sugar and vanilla or your favorite coffee flavoring that will last a while, stirring well in cold water first, then adding to hot coffee. It's not CREAM at all, it's just SUGAR! :(

God bless you. : )

I am making a soup that calls for 2 cups of heavy cream. I've substituted fat free half & half with success, but my next weekend guests can not eat any form of milk, but want the soup. What non-dairy substitute can I use in place of the 2 cups of heavy cream and retain the texture of the cream and not change the flavor of the soup?

tabuckner AT gmail.com

Put powdered milk with a vanilla bean in a glass jar. Stir occasionally.

A healthier alternative to soy milk is almond or coconut milk. Soy messes with people's hormones. Especially bad for little kids, I've heard.

Jan

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsMay 9, 2007
dog food dish
Make Your Own Non-Slip Pet Dish
Non Toxic Mold Cleaner
Non-Toxic Mold Cleaners
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
🎄
🍂