How to Remove Oil Stains from T-shirts

After I washed my t-shirt, there's always a stain on it. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like (food) oil stains. I compared it to one of my shirts that got (food) oil stain and it looks exactly like the ones I wash (same stains). Do you know how I can remove this stain?

Phu from CA

Answers

This is very simple but it always works for me. As soon as I notice the stain (usually while I'm still wearing the t-shirt/dress/garment) I get a kitchen wet-wipe (the ant-bacterial ones for wiping and cleaning kitchen surfaces) and rub the stain from the top of the garment and from underneath the stain as well until the damp looking patch is much bigger than the original and you can't see the original stain in the damp patch any more. Then I just let it dry. Most of the time the oil stain is completely gone by the time it dries and on the odd time when it is still slightly visible it washes out during the next laundry without any extra fussing about.

person in t-shirt pouring food oil in bowl
Cleaning Food Oil Stains from T-Shirts
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 17, 2004
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:44:36 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.