Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

How to Remove Oil Stains from T-shirts

0EmailPrintFollowSave

After I washed my t-shirt, there's always a stain on it. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like (food) oil stains. I compared it to one of my shirts that got (food) oil stain and it looks exactly like the ones I wash (same stains). Do you know how I can remove this stain?

Phu from CA

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Michele P. 1 10/01/2013 Flag

This is very simple but it always works for me. As soon as I notice the stain (usually while I'm still wearing the t-shirt/dress/garment) I get a kitchen wet-wipe (the ant-bacterial ones for wiping and cleaning kitchen surfaces) and rub the stain from the top of the garment and from underneath the stain as well until the damp looking patch is much bigger than the original and you can't see the original stain in the damp patch any more. Then I just let it dry. Most of the time the oil stain is completely gone by the time it dries and on the odd time when it is still slightly visible it washes out during the next laundry without any extra fussing about.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: How to Remove Oil Stains from T-shirts

After I washed my t-shirt, there's always a stain on it. I'm not sure what it is but it looks like (food) oil stains. I compared it to one of my shirts that got (food) oil stain and it looks exactly like the ones I wash (same stains). Do you know how I can remove this stain? Phu from california