Cooking Rhubarb

I love rhubarb but until recently never bothered to try cooking it because I assumed it was too complicated. Well, now that it's rhubarb season, I mentioned this woe to a neighbor. She laughed loudly and told me just how easy it is ;-) LOL! So for those of you who might be a dork like me here's the how to.

Wash 1 pound rhubarb, trim off ends and slice in to 1/2 inch pieces.

Place rhubarb in a saucepan, add 1/4 cup water and cook until just barely tender, about 5 minutes.

Add 1/2 cup sugar, or more to taste. Cook, while gently stirring, until sugar is dissolved.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

hahaha, Deeli, it is easy alright! I grew up with it so I have used rhubarb just about every way possible. And I love it, especially combined with strawberries!

Hi Laniegirl I never had anything rhubarb except for pie when visiting someone who had made it :-( I guess I was deprived LOL!

I am not in to making pies but do you happen to have a good cobbler type recipe for it? I just tried cooking rhubarb as mentioned above recently and eating it with brown sugar on it ;-)

One recipe calls for a teaspoon of real butter - cooked the way you did, with sugar. I think the butter might cut down on the tartness. It was very good.

Rhubarb
Cooking Rhubarb
Food and Recipes Recipes FruitApril 7, 2010
Rhubarb
Cleaning Rhubarb
Rhubarb stalks
Growing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
round flat rhubarb bread/cake with slice in foreground
Rhubarb Bread Recipes
🎉
🎄