Freezing Carrot Juice

Freezing your own fresh carrot juice is easy to do and a good way to preserve some for later in the year. This is a guide about freezing carrot juice.

July 14, 2005 Flag
Question:

I have just cropped three wheelbarrow loads of carrots. We use carrot juice every morning and I'm wondering if anyone has tips for freezing the juice. I could either freeze the carrot whole and juice them when needed, or make up the raw juice and freeze that. I'm not sure if the juice would need to be processed though. New to this forum - it looks very useful.

Linda in Tasmania

Answer:

Carrot Juice can be frozen, but it is not so good as a drink as the liquid separates during the freezing process, but can be used in cooking (stocks), salad dressings or in lieu of water in a boxed carrot cake mix! Use within a month. After that point, the carrot juice starts to pick up flavors of other foods in the freezer!

Thanks!
Jennifer A. Wickes

Read User Replies Below...

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great question, Linda. I've wondered that myself so I did some serious surfing today. I found a site that says you can freeze the juice of carrots but it's not really good for drinking when thawed. The author also says you can blanch the carrots and then freeze them....no mention of juicing afterwards (at least that I could see). Here's the site: http://website.lineone.net/~stolarczyk/recipes.html

Oops!!! I forgot to sign in before posting..so you'll get this twice...probably. "Great question, Linda. I've wondered that myself so I did some serious surfing today. I found a site that says you can freeze the juice of carrots but it's not really good for drinking when thawed. The author also says you can blanch the carrots and then freeze them....no mention of juicing afterwards (at least that I could see). Here's the site: http://website.lineone.net/~stolarczyk/recipes.html "

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceFebruary 19, 2013
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Orange juice and oranges.
Freezing Orange Juice
Canning Carrot Juice
Canning Carrot Juice
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Carrot Costume
🎉
🎄