Li'l AJ (Maltese/Chihuahua)

contest winner icon

Li'l AJ is 12 years old. He is a Maltese/Chihuahua. He was an "accident" down at the campgrounds. His little 4 lb mother decided to take a stroll and back herself up to a Maltese (who was tethered cuz' he had been in trouble) and, Voila! Four little "mice" were born a few months later.

He likes to hide his chews, although they are not really hidden. He just thinks they are. If anyone even walks by, oblivious to it even being there, Li'l AJ rushes to it, gets it and puts it somewhere else in plain view, but HE thinks it's hidden. He works very hard at it!

When my father was at home with Hospice with a very short time to live, I would spend the nights. Li'l AJ always sleeps with me. My dad had a "bell" by his bed to ring if he needed me during the night. I awoke to "Woof! Woof!" Li'l AJ had gotten down on the floor, was looking up at me barking. My dad had rang his bell and I didn't hear it. Li'l AJ was letting me know to get up. I had fell asleep on the job!

By LinDuh_in_VA from Richmond, VA

What an absolute cutie! I just fell in love the minute I saw him! Give him a hug from me and my three dogs!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What an expressive face. He's way too cute. The love and loyalty of our fur babies can't be put into words. Please give him a hug from me. I just lost my fur baby of almost 15 years last month.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Handsome and smart too, the complete package. My little guy likes to hide his toys that way too. He's forever moving them.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How absolutely adorable! I want one! Looks like a beautiful "accident" of genetics!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How beautiful! Had to vote for him even though my "Scooby Roo" is a contest contender this time too! How do you keep from just kissing that sweet little face all the time?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks y'all! Yep he's a cutie and such a sweetie. Sometimes I feel like he's a "growth" on me tho', because he always has to be in my lap when sitting or laying down. He has doggie steps to my bed and couch, but they aren't tall enough. lol.

keeper60, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We had a minature daushaund (Sara) for 16 years. My daughter grew up with and she was my daughter's best friend from the time she was 4 until she 20! She's even in our family photographs and in my daughter's high school casual photographs. We lost Sara 5 years ago. We still miss her every day. They are family.

When we first got Li'l AJ, he was no bigger than a hamster. He loved Sara (our dachshund) dearly. He wouldn't even go outside in the mornings until he got her up and she came with him. It was so sad for several weeks after her passing as not only did Li'l AJ quit eating, but he was still waiting for her to come outside with him every morning.

Thanks again for all of your comments. I think he's kind of special, but I'm kind of partial. lol.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

What a doll face and what a good boy for letting you know you were asleep on the job ;-) It must be difficult to not squeeze him to death when hugging him :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes