Maltese Mix Photos

Category Dogs
These small dogs make wonderful companions. This guide contains Maltese mix photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Li'l AJ is 12 years old. He is a Maltese/Chihuahua. He was an "accident" down at the campgrounds. His little 4 lb mother decided to take a stroll and back herself up to a Maltese (who was tethered cuz' he had been in trouble) and, Voila! Four little "mice" were born a few months later.

He likes to hide his chews, although they are not really hidden. He just thinks they are. If anyone even walks by, oblivious to it even being there, Li'l AJ rushes to it, gets it and puts it somewhere else in plain view, but HE thinks it's hidden. He works very hard at it!

When my father was at home with Hospice with a very short time to live, I would spend the nights. Li'l AJ always sleeps with me. My dad had a "bell" by his bed to ring if he needed me during the night. I awoke to "Woof! Woof!" Li'l AJ had gotten down on the floor, was looking up at me barking. My dad had rang his bell and I didn't hear it. Li'l AJ was letting me know to get up. I had fell asleep on the job!

By LinDuh_in_VA from Richmond, VA

White dog.

Comment Like this photo? 19

Chi-Chi is an 8 year old Maltese/Poodle Mix. I've had Chi-Chi ever since he was a little baby. He was the runt of the litter and was born without a joint in his right back leg so it looks like a straight stick, LOL.

He has no clue he is handicapped, and flies like superman through the yard. He is so spoiled rotten! I carry him around on my hip like a baby. I had a a Shih tzu named Buffy that he just loved, and she passed away 2 years ago. So, I adopted Kandy a small grey Poodle from a rescue group so he wouldn't be lonely.

They fell in love, and the rest is history! He loves to play with his companion Kandy, and chase her around the house. I've always had a special dog I was close to ever since I was about 8 years old, but never quite like Chi-Chi. He is special, and actually thinks he is a baby, LOL.

By cute from College Park, GA

Chi-Chi the Little White Dog

Comment Like this photo? 13

Molly May is a three and a half years old Maltese/Shih Tzu. I received an email from a lady helping her daughter find a home for her daughter's dog. She said they paid $300.00 for her, she is now 18 months old, and they couldn't get her housebroken. They are wanting $150.00. Me and my big mouth emailed her back and told her she was beautiful and I would take her if she was free, but I couldn't pay that much for a dog.

Fifteen minutes later the lady emailed me back and said she talked her daughter, and she decided to cut her loses and would give her to me for nothing. I then had to call my husband and tell him we had a new addition to our family. Well, 2 years later she is one of the best things that has happen to me. She was not hard at all to housebreak.

Molly enjoys going on walks, Jeep rides, or just snuggle on the sofa. She has little stuffed animals that she loves to play with; she tosses them up in the air and catches them. She is so good with our two grandsons -5 and 3. She loves them and they just adore her. Molly is the little girl I never had and she is a camera hog. I get out the camera and she jumps around in front of me wanting her picture taken.

By Rita O.

White dog against red background.

Comment Like this photo? 17

Chance is 2 years old and a terrier/Maltese mix. Chance and I crossed paths after some jerk abandoned him at a vineyard a couple of miles from the nearest home or structure on a hillside. Not even a year old at the time, he was left to die on a hillside that hosted a vast population of wild boar, snakes, birds of prey, and, of course, the elements of an extremely cold winter. Thank God my mother's husband (an irrigation and fertilization specialist) and fellow crewmen went out on a call and ended up on the wrong vineyard.

It is there where the tiny white dog, rejoicing at the sight of people, began performing every cute trick he could pull out of his magic hat, in hopes they would share their lunch with him or at least some water, which all the men did do. When it was time to leave, they had all taken a liking to the little white dog. For various reasons, not one could offer him a home. One by one, they left a large portion of their lunch on a makeshift bowl while another donated his mini-ice chest and filled it with water for the little dog to have. The tiny dog ran a short ways chasing after each car as it drove away, still performing until the end.

My stepfather arrived back home later that evening with a distant and obvious uneasiness. He looked extremely bothered. As he sat down for dinner, he started to explain the events of the day. Immediately, I asked him how he could drive away and leave the little guy there? If he couldn't offer him a home, the SPCA or someone else would. I ran off to my softball game, already decided I was going to fake illness, borrow a car (mine was at shop for repair) and try to find this remote hillside and locate the little dog.

It was right after my friend handed me the key to her truck that I saw my brother and Joe and a tiny whitish furry little dog pull into the driveway. It appears Joe just couldn't stand the thought of the tiny dog out there abandoned, cold, heartbroken and surely becoming an appetizer to the wild boar, which surprisingly enough hadnt happened. My brother handed him to me and Chance wagged his tail so fast and started licking my face. We haven't spent one day apart since then. He is with me everywhere I go, 24/7. I named him Chance because I had specific rules about no pets in my lease and therefore there was a huge chance the little dog and myself would both get kicked out of our home. (P.S. We did not get kicked out)

Chance loves to play fetch. He loves to play hide and seek with my mom's two cats. He loves long walks in the forest and he loves to stop and smell different types of flowers. Sometimes, people or animals are just meant to cross paths for a reason we may or may never fully know or understand.

What I do know is that people tell me all the time what a lucky dog he is and I always respond the same thing: "I'm the lucky one. He brings me happiness with his snorts, laughter at the silly things he does, and unconditional love demonstrated by his kisses to my face. Not one day has gone by that he doesnt show me gratitude in one way or another. I only hope he knows how grateful I am to him." I love him but I have no intention of licking his hairy face!

by smoky002 from Monterey County, CA

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

Comment Like this photo? 8

Maggie is about an 8 year old Maltese X. We rescued Maggie from the animal shelter, this past summer. She loves to sing in her own way by howling, lifting her head up like a wolf that howls to the moon. She starts this if we howl along with her.

Dog with purple outfit.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

We got Shifu (she-foo) four years ago. My husband brought him home.

white dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Serendipity is 4 years old. She is half Yorkie, and half Maltese. She was our wedding present back in 2006, from my Mom and sisters.

Black and white small dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Linus is a 9 month old Maltese/Poodle. I found Linus on the internet, and adopted him in November. Linus loves the snow, and loves to play with his baby brother Cody our kitten. Linus has brought us such joy and happiness.

linus maltese

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Gizmo is a 6 month old Maltese-Shitzu. I got him from a neighbor who breeds dogs. He loves to run real fast in the backyard playing with me. He also loves to play with our huge Lab/Shepherd mix

Cream and dark brown puppy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Perla del Mar is a 6 week old Maltese and Chihuahua mix. I got Perla last week from mom as her mother's milk had dried out. She likes to play with her brother Dester. Perla is adorable and smart. We are potty training her and she makes it about 80% of the time.

Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Tasi is almost 3! He is a Maltese Terrier mix. Jan got him when he was only a baby pup. Tasi is very active and can communicate better than most humans! He loves to play with his squeaky hedgehog and loves to hang out the window taking in the tropical island air!

White dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Merlin is a 12 week old 3/4 Yorkie and 1/4 Maltese. We got Merlin 3 weeks ago. He loves to run in the yard, play fetch, snuggle, dig, sleep on our lap and entertains us. He is a bundle of joy.

Tan and black puppy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Lily is 1 1/2 years old morkie, a yorkie/maltese mix. We got Lily in August 2008 and she has been the love of our whole family's lives ever since. Lily loves sitting in the bow window surveying and protecting "her" little kingdom, the neighborhood.

Grey and white puppy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Bandit is almost 9 weeks old. He is a Shitzu/Maltese.

White dog with black and brown markings.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I got him 2 years ago. He likes to go for walks.

closeup of face

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I got her 2 weeks ago. I found her under a car on a busy street. She was scared, hungry, matted, etc.

small white dog sitting on bed

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Emily Louise is a 4 year old Maltese/Pom mix.

Grey dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

We got this sweet little Maltese mix puppy in 2009 for an indoor pet from a lady about 45 miles from us.

white dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Here are puppies from my Bishon mom and Maltese dad. They are 3 weeks old'

Puppies in blowup pool.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

His name is Toby. He is a senior! He is 10 years old but still acts like a puppy! He is a Malta Cocka Poo! Yes that is correct! His Mother was a Maltese, his father was half Cocker and half Poodle! We got Toby 10 years ago and he was in the paper and the last in the litter.

White dog lying in bed.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I got her from a breeder at 8 weeks. She is very playful. Plays with balls, toys, loves walks, and going to the doggie park.

Sugar (Pomtese)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Prudence, Pru, Pruddie, Sister Wister, Baby Girl, Prudder Rueders, we have all kinds of little love names for her. Pru is about 6 years old. She's a Maltese mix.

White dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Casper is a 4 year old Maltese Australian Silky Terrier. I got him 4 years ago from pet shop.

White dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes