Natural Repellent for Sand Flies

What can I use as a natural repellent for sand flies?

By Leanne from Gladstone, Queensland

The best thing I have used is Cactus Juice sun & skin protectant. Mine was given to me by a friend, but the back of the bottle says you can order it at It is SPF 20 and is completely non-toxic. It works and Smells amazing!

Also, Avon skin so soft works really well for keeping a barrier between them and your skin! And that seems to be the trick. so something as simple as Aquaphor or Vaseline may even work for you! Deet works, of course, but I really hate spraying it all over my three-year-old! And unlike me, when the sand fleas or flies bite her, they leave large whelps on her skin for days just like mosquito bites! Good luck.. Those things really do hurt!!

Sand Flies
Natural Repellent for Sand Flies
Home and Garden Pest Control FliesApril 3, 2010
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats