Substituting Normal Oats for Quick Oats in Baking Recipes

Can I use ordinary rolled oats in a baking recipe (muffins) instead of quick oats? And if I can, do I use the same amount that is being asked for in the recipe? Seems like every time I read a recipe there is something that I either don't have or I have the ingredient but not the exact type the recipe is asking for, like quick oats as opposed to ordinary oats.

By Avalon99 from Coquitlam, BC

Answers

Yes. The difference is mostly in texture. Old fashioned oats are larger, whole pieces of rolled oat, while quick oats have been cut up into small bits. You will get more texture from using old fashioned oats and a smoother texture from using quick oats. Measurements & baking time are the same.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsMarch 29, 2009
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Baking Ingredients
Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Substituting Fat Free Cream Cheese When Baking
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2017 at 1:16:21 PM on 10.0.1.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.