Garden: Yucca

This Yucca plant was bursting with color on the golf course in Texas. It should have a sweet aroma as pretty as it is.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Oh my my, That is a plant I've been trying to kill for 20 years. It is very invasive here in the south, has the most dangerous needles on the tips of the leaves. I've had my share of bloody incounters. If you know of a way to kill it I would love to know.

That is beautiful I wish I had one I would make room for it in a minute do you know where I can get one thank you Donna Bills

March 1, 2010 Flag

I received a yucca plant in a flower arrangement when my daughter was born 30 years ago. I have, over the years, had many multiples from this plant. Easy, easy to root. Take off sprout, plant right in garden or pot. Grows beautiful. I have sold so many from people walking by for a good price.

The original does not go out in summer because it is to heavy and tall, 8 feet tall. Very easy and makes your indoor porch look very tropical. This all is so easy.

By Ginger from Woodbury, NJ

Garden: Yucca

What a nice story! I have a plant that we received after my step-son died and I can't keep the dog from eating it. That plant really struggles. (11/10/2008)

Garden: Yucca

Thanks for the post! I think the Yucca will go nicely with my plumeria. Did you know the flowers that bloom off of it are called "Our Lord's Candle"? I have heard the fragrance is lovely as well. (11/10/2008)

By nancycorinne

Photos GardenMarch 1, 2010
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Yucca Plants
Getting Rid of Yucca Plants