Musty Smell on a Stuffed Toy

My daughter got an old poseable teddy bear from a friend of mine and it smells musty. Can I wash and dry this? And if I can, how? Thank you in advance for any/all help with this.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Add some baking soda or vinegar to the wash water, it will remove the musty odor.

I take all our stuffed animals and put them in a pillow case secure with a scrunchy and then toss in washing machine cleans really well and does not mat the fur even the ones with the fluffiest fur I dry them the same way too!

Put in a plastic or paper bag with some baking soda, shake around and let sit for while, dump out the item, leave outside out of the sun and vac. any residue off.

If none of these techniques work, you could always have it dry-cleaned. I had to do that with a coat I got from a thrift store, because NOTHING was getting out the musty smell.

I collect boyds bears that come clothed and not washable. I put them in dryer with fabric softener sheet on cool cycle. Works great on them.

Thanks for all the tips. I will be trying them today when I do laundry.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning ToysJuly 9, 2008
cleaning bucket
Eliminating Musty Smells from a Room
Must Leather Couch
Removing Musty Smell From Leather Furniture
Old Stained Book Laying Open
Removing Musty Smell from Books
Musty Smelling Carpet
Cleaning Musty Smelling Carpets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:08:33 PM on 10.0.1.78 in 832 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.