Craft: Entryway Bench

My brother made this bench for his entryway. He calls it a Mexican bench because it is so colorful. It is made of fir and poplar. It took him a week on and off to make.

Source: This was an idea he thought up on his own to give his entry some color.

By Laniegirl from Iowa

This is very cheery. I have some dining room chairs that I was thinking of painting to make a Mexican Cantina for the screened porch. This has helped me visualize how they may look. Merlene from MA

He should make a bunch of these and sell them in farmers markets or something. Once he made a sort of assembly line I bet he could whip them out in no time. Okay, so I doubt he will end up doing that but I'm sure a lot of people would love to have one. What a statement piece.

Beautiful bench I'm sure they would sell, he does nice work!

Photos Home ImprovementMay 29, 2009
Organizing Your Home's Entryway
Organizing Your Home's Entryway
Making a Potting Bench
Making a Potting Bench
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
wooden garden bench with tulips
Choosing a Garden Bench