BBQ Side Burner Blackens Pots

How do I stop the BBQ side burner from blackening pots?

By Sarginson from Oshawa, ON

When camping, we rub dishwashing liquid on the bottom and sides of our pots to prevent blackening; just smear a dab or two of it around with your hand or a paper towel. I suspect this will work for your situation as well.

I was going to say the same thing - if you can't fix the burner, at least keep the pots from getting all sooty. This works great for pots on any kind of fire - the soap just slides right off when you wash the pot.

I tried the liquid dish soap and it cleaned up in a snap. Is there any information on how to stop the burner from burning in such a way as to blacken the pots in the first place? There must be a way to set the burner on a BBQ to burn clean like stove inside the trailer.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillJune 28, 2009
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Stove Burner
Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner
Serving bbq ribs to a large group.
Making BBQ for a Large Group
🎉
🎄