Tips for Cutting Fresh Pineapple

I rarely purchase a fresh pineapple because they are such a pain to remove the skin without losing a lot of the fruit. Well, here was a 'duh' moment when a neighbor shared with me how she peels a pineapple.

Cut off the top and bottom and then make a complete lengthwise cut along the peel into the flesh and then cut your slices. Once sliced just lift the the edge of the peel that was cut and pull it away. Core each slice if you would like or need to with a paring knife.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Try this one: Vacu Vin Pineapple Easy Slicer. Here is the link

I bought it for $6.00 from Amazon. It really works and it makes cutting pineapple a joy.?tag=thrif06-20

Thanks for the link, goodidea, but now that I know how to cut them easily with items already in the kitchen I'll save the Amazon price (posted today as $14.97 plus shipping costs) for more pineapples ;-)

August 2, 2011 Flag

Cutting a fresh pineapple is not nearly as daunting as most people think. And it tastes so much better and is much less expensive than buying them cut. I buy them at a discount supermarket for $2 to $3. One day it just occurred to me to use my electric knife instead of a chef's knife. I buzzed through it in no time with very little waste. Oh so easy!

By Beth from Albany, NY

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Cutting Fresh Pineapple
Tips for Cutting Fresh Pineapple
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitSeptember 8, 2009
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Canning Pineapples
Selecting Good Pineapples