Browsing: Craft Uses for Wallpaper and Wallpaper Borders

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Craft Uses for Wallpaper and Wallpaper Borders

Besides remodeling walls, this sturdy paper can be used for a variety of decoupage and other paper craft projects. This is a guide about craft uses for wallpaper and wallpaper borders.

Wallpaper Rolls
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 6, 2009 Flag

Wall decor, wallpaper bookcase.A "fool the eye" bookcase made from wallpaper borders.

Approximate Time: Two hours or less

Instructions:

1. Depending on the size you want your bookcase, cut the border featuring books into pieces of equal length.

2. For the "shelves", cut the wood grain border into narrow strips.

3. Glue the book strips to the wall with the shelving strips in between.

4. For the casing, measure wider pieces of wood grain border and cut to fit, mitering the corners so as to look like woodwork.

By Preserver from Manitoba

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 16, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about quick easy wallpaper wall art. Wallpaper remnants and samples are often used in craft projects. Try your hand at making a unique piece of wall art using repurposed wallpaper.

Quick Easy Wall Art

February 16, 2010 Flag

I am looking for ideas for making easy crafts using wall paper leftovers.

By Sandi from Brookville, IN

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Origami sites have some simple patterns, which might work. Be sure to test them on regular paper, first, and confirm that whatever project you do is suitable for heavy paper.

You could also cut up the scraps to strips, etc., and use them for accents in scrapbooking pages.

If you want something extremely simple, cut bookmarks from the wallpaper scraps, and embellish them as you like!

Best Answer

Here is my link to a bookmark I submitted made from wall paper. http://www.thriftyfun.com/account.l ... =ascending&account_nav=bookmarks

Also, line shelves with it, make envelopes by using a premade one for a pattern, always keep some for repairing, party invitations, scrapbooking, depending on what the pattern is you can make border from a roll by cutting it with a power saw into the width of border you want. I have done this many times by buying a discounted roll, using my electric miter saw I hold it against the brace and cut the length of the needed border. You can get several lengths of border from one roll. Fancy cut one edge with scissors if you like.

February 7, 2007 Flag

At most dollar stores, I can buy wallpaper borders. I apply it to a tin can to match the decor. I have one on my end-table with pencils, pens, scissors, and whatnots. In the bathroom, it holds razors, toothbrush, comb, and tweezers.

April 19, 2005 Flag

Cut pictures out of wallpaper borders and apply to walls or garbage cans (wherever you want) to spice up your rooms. I sponged blue over white walls in my bathroom and cut fish out of a wallpaper border to create an underwater scene. Very cute and easy as the border is already pre-pasted.

By Nikki

November 16, 2009 Flag

Wallpaper flowers on branch.Deco hole punches are especially nice to have a whole set of in varying sizes. Here, I punched out flowers from both scrap wallpaper and from another roll I picked up at either a thrift shop or rummage sale for $1 each.

Squeeze glue onto the back of one flower and with one the same size spread the glue around so both backs are gluey. Place first a glued side onto a twig of a branch brought indoors from the yard and then the other flower, gluey sides touching. You might have to work them a little between your fingers and thumb to get them to align one covering the other. Work rather quickly or the glue will dry out before you're done!

This whole piece is propped up in a clear glass jar of metal buttons, but you could prop yours in stones or glass pebbles or dried beans or rice or even scented balls to make it work out for your decor!

Source: This idea was probably first seen in MAKE magazine. The idea was first presented to me using circles also cut with punches and glued likewise.

By Melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

March 2, 2014 Flag

Wallpaper RollsBesides remodeling walls, this sturdy paper can be used for a variety of decoupage and other paper craft projects. This is a guide about craft uses for wallpaper and wallpaper borders.

Crafts PaperMarch 2, 2014
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Three rolls of wallpaper.
Discontinued Village Wallpaper and Borders
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 6:05:11 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.