Craft Uses for Wallpaper and Wallpaper Borders

Besides remodeling walls, this sturdy paper can be used for a variety of decoupage and other paper craft projects. This is a guide about craft uses for wallpaper and wallpaper borders.

January 26, 2017 Flag

Three different bookmarks made from wallpaper.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Leftover wallpaper or pieces from a sample book can be made into beautiful bookmarks. This is a guide about wallpaper bookmarks.

November 6, 2009 Flag

A "fool the eye" bookcase made from wallpaper borders.

Approximate Time: Two hours or less

Instructions:

1. Depending on the size you want your bookcase, cut the border featuring books into pieces of equal length.

2. For the "shelves", cut the wood grain border into narrow strips.

3. Glue the book strips to the wall with the shelving strips in between.

4. For the casing, measure wider pieces of wood grain border and cut to fit, mitering the corners so as to look like woodwork.

By Preserver from Manitoba

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

So clever! Kudos!!

May 16, 2016 Flag

Quick Easy Wall Art

This is a guide about quick easy wallpaper wall art. Wallpaper remnants and samples are often used in craft projects. Try your hand at making a unique piece of wall art using repurposed wallpaper.

February 7, 2007 Flag

At most dollar stores, I can buy wallpaper borders. I apply it to a tin can to match the decor. I have one on my end-table with pencils, pens, scissors, and whatnots. In the bathroom, it holds razors, toothbrush, comb, and tweezers.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 19, 2005 Flag

Cut pictures out of wallpaper borders and apply to walls or garbage cans (wherever you want) to spice up your rooms. I sponged blue over white walls in my bathroom and cut fish out of a wallpaper border to create an underwater scene. Very cute and easy as the border is already pre-pasted.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 16, 2009 Flag

Wallpaper flowers on branch.

Deco hole punches are especially nice to have a whole set of in varying sizes. Here, I punched out flowers from both scrap wallpaper and from another roll I picked up at either a thrift shop or rummage sale for $1 each.

February 16, 2010 Flag

I am looking for ideas for making easy crafts using wall paper leftovers.

By Sandi from Brookville, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Origami sites have some simple patterns, which might work. Be sure to test them on regular paper, first, and confirm that whatever project you do is suitable for heavy paper.

You could also cut up the scraps to strips, etc., and use them for accents in scrapbooking pages.

If you want something extremely simple, cut bookmarks from the wallpaper scraps, and embellish them as you like!

Best Answer

Here is my link to a bookmark I submitted made from wall paper. http://www.thri  nt_nav=bookmarks

Also, line shelves with it, make envelopes by using a premade one for a pattern, always keep some for repairing, party invitations, scrapbooking, depending on what the pattern is you can make border from a roll by cutting it with a power saw into the width of border you want. I have done this many times by buying a discounted roll, using my electric miter saw I hold it against the brace and cut the length of the needed border. You can get several lengths of border from one roll. Fancy cut one edge with scissors if you like.

Crafts PaperMarch 2, 2014
Quick Easy Wall Art
Quick Easy Wallpaper Wall Art
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Wallpaper Bookmarks
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:53:44 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.