14th Birthday Party With Hawaiian Sleepover Theme

I need help! I want to have a sleepover for my 14th birthday and to have it in a tent in my garden. I want to have a fire and marshmallows and all the sort of stuff but its in October and I don't know whether to or not because it might be really cold? Can anyone give me some advice I'm in real need. Also could you give me an idea on games. I was thinking to have it as a Hawaiian theme? What do you think? Thank you.

Jenny from Isle Of Wight

I know what you mean. I'm only turning 12 but my birthday is in December and I can never do anything fun, because its always cold. But if I find a way to help I will be sure to do that.

If your official birthday is in the cold months, then do the party in the warm months! Many people will do the party on the weekend when it falls mid-week, so more people can come. Well, why not stretch that concept? Just tell people "My birthday is in October but I celebrate it in July because the weather's better." So you could have your party this year in like a week from now before the weather turns cold, right? There's no law saying you can only have a party on a certain day!

Don't let the weather affect your party. If it is cool, the Hawaiian theme would give you memories of summer. You can keep the theme very inexpensive by purchasing bright color plates (reds, blues, yellows, greens) and napkins. Why use themed plates, which are more expensive, just to serve food on. Spend the money on a few decorations and party favors. Maybe use large paper flowers (make your own) for decorations. Dollar stores are wonderful sources of inexpensive decorating items, and I am not sure about where you live, but right now alot of places are getting rid of summer merchandise cheaply! Play a few games, like limbo, and twister. Buy flip flops and decorate with flowers. Or buy inexpensive silk flowers and make leis.

Don't let the weather change your theme, but you may need to have them sleep inside if it is too cold. Oriental Trading Company has a website with tons of cheap decorations, crafts, and games. We like to do the limbo, and if it is warm, you could do water baloons. Play steel drum music - or maybe just the Beach Boys, and put fruit on skewers for snacks. (If fresh is out of season, you can use canned pineapple cut into chunks and mandarin oranges.) We even made a volcano cake one year. (Use the Barbie "dress" cake mold. It's the one that you stick a Barbie doll down inside. Instead of sticking Barbie in the middle, you can fill it with frosting or pudding, and then stick red, yellow and orange candles in the top. Spread red "lava" icing around on top, and put brown dirt icing around the bottom. When you light the candles, it's like a "live" volcano.)

Have fun!

14th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 6, 2007
Mommy Sleepover
Mommy Sleepover Ideas
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Hawaiian Luau
Hawaiian Luau Recipes
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎄