Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
What should I do for my 14th birthday party? It's in 16 days! Help me!
If you're just inviting a few friends, how about a pizza and movie night. Ask each friend to bring/rent a copy of their favourite movie and to come dressed as a character from the movie. You can order in (or make) pizza and provide drinks and snacks.
I think you should have a dance party. I had one of those like 4 years ago. It was a lot of fun. Make sure that girls and guys are there. It's always more fun.
I think a fiesta party would be fun! You could wear sombraros and have chips and salsa! You could also buy a pinata!
My friend recently had an awesome birthday party it was a murder mystery. All the girls in the class were invited and we all had to dress up in old puffy sleeved dresses, it was just like the game Clue.
All our names were written on small squares of card board, as well as murder weapons and the rooms. Then the cards are blue tacked face down on walls and objects in certain rooms.
To start the game, someone (host of party) goes into a room (where there are stuffed clothes lying on the floor face down to look like the murder victim) and screams. Then everyone goes to see what it is - all the lights are turned off and you use a flashlights to find the clues.
Not sure if anyone else would be interested in this but my daughter is turning 14 soon and we have a few ideas for her party!
We thought about a day spa party with all her girlfriends to get facials and manicures and get all pretty during the day and then at night a beach themed party with all(boys & girls) her friends! We thought we would hire a hall and my friends are dj's so get them to do the party and put sand all over the floor and everyone turns up in their bathers for a massive dance party! Her and her friends really seemed to like the idea so I thought I would share it.
I need to find a theme that is fun. But it has to be before this Wednesday, August 6, 2014.
By Arianna R.
Happy birthday! I'm not much on birthday ideas, as I need help myself, however, I have ideas for some themes. Of course the theme all depends on what you are into. Here are a few ideas:
- Sports: Play any? Set up some of your favs with your friends and get sports themed decorations.
- Hollywood: into celebrities? Maybe you could get together with your friends and have a contest for the best celeb imitations, then have a photo shoot. You could also come up with your own celebs and make a story for them, like what made them famous, etc., then have a contest with those.
- Movies: Home theater? You could turn a room into a theater by blocking all windows with blankets, putting chairs or cushions in rows, setting up your largest T.V., or rent a projector, and show some of your fav movies. After, you could make your own short movie with your friends, if your into that kinda thing. Don't forget the popcorn!
- Under the Sea: Like the ocean? You could get blue lightbulbs, or make the lighting blue, in every room your gonna use, to get a water type feeling.
- Salon: Like makeup? You could always take some of you girl friends and go to the salon/beauty parlor to get your hair, nails, and makeup done, or do each others (less expensive that way). After, you could go to the mall or around town or somewhere that people can see you, so you can show off your new look. You could go home or to the park or beach and take a ton of pics of you and your friends, then post some online if you have Facebook or other social media.
All of these ideas are off the top of my head, so to speak, so if they seem weird at all, that might be why. You can always alter these ideas or get inspiration from them, if you would like. Hope these helped :)
I'm turning 14 in March and have no idea what to do. I mean, I am going to have a party, but don't know what theme I should do.
By Zaidy from Springfield, MA
I turned 14 last year. It depends on if you are trying to have a party party " but Kik me @starrmacc32 if you have a Kik maybe I could help you out. I hope I don't sound like a stalker! Lol I'm just trying to help.
I'm turning 14 March 2015 and my 2 friends and I are doing a hotel sleepover at the Embassy suites.
For my past birthday party's, I have gone to the mall then gone to a fondue place. One year I did a cupcake wars theme where we split up into teams and had 3 rounds with themes.
So I'm turning 14 in 4 days and having a party on Saturday, but I want a theme for the party because it's my first ever party. What should the theme be?
What kind of a party are you having? Are you inviting both boys and girls, or only girls? Do you have a large guest list or only a couple of friends? All these things make a difference in the kind of theme you pick. What kind of cake are you having? If it is being decorated, have you chosen what it is going to be like? If so, let that be your theme. If you are having just a regular looking cake, and you don't have a sniff about theme, just go to a dollar store and browse around amongst the party things. Pick some plates, napkins, etc. that you like. Get some balloons and maybe some streamers to decorate the house or patio or wherever you are having the party. You might even get some little bubble favors; even big kids like bubbles!
if its your first party and your turning 14 i think you should have any theme you want but its has to be like you age
I'm a girl turning 14 in a few weeks and I have no clue what the theme should be. I want boys and girls to come, but I have no clue on what the theme should be to be liked by everyone. Please help!
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
Have a rollerskating party at a roller rink. It could be 70s or 80s themed.
What is your favorite thing to do? Go with what you like to do, and if it is a boy girl mix party, moderate a little or draw ideas out of a hat. Hope I could help.