Use Baking Soda for Wet Electronics

If you have ever dropped your cell phone in water, you know how frustrating that can be! Try this tip next time. Put the phone in a ziplock baggie with baking soda. I have never had to try it, but it sounds logical. The soda will suck the water out.

Source: friend

By Jackie from Orlando, Florida

I would hope you arent placing the phone or whatever directly in the baking soda. That could lead to a gooey mess LOL.

When my phone went through the washer I used a hair dryer on it. I took the back cover and battery out and held the blow dryer on it for quite a while. When I finally got tired of holding the dryer, I put the phone on top of my floor vent (heat) and left it there for 24-36 hours. The phone worked fine after that. I was told that the inside might develop rust and go out, but it was working fine when I upgraded to a newer model.

Here is what Kim Komando suggests and she is an authority on things of this nature. Make sure you read all the pages on it.

http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?id=6937&page=1

I once left my new portable phone out in the yard on the garden wall. As luck would have it we got a heavy rain that night. I just let the phone dry out naturally for a couple of weeks, which I am sure is over kill, but the phone was fine. Also I once left a nice CD player out, and of course it got rained on. Since this was the summer time I put the player in my hot car, and after a week or two, it was completely dried out and worked fine. With anything electric be very careful that it is safe to be plugged in. Make sure you are wearing rubber soled shoes like sneakers, not bare feet. Better to be overly cautious, than get zapped, or start a fire!

Tablet with Water Damage
Repairing Water Damage in Electronics
Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small) CellphonesNovember 4, 2009
Muffin with a bite out of it.
Muffins Taste Like Baking Soda
Up close photo of the front of a baking soda box
Saving Money on Baking Soda
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
Smart Phone with large drops of water on and around it
Saving a Cellphone That Got Wet
🎄
🍂