Adjusting a Sofa's "Back Pitch Angle"

I would appreciate professional advice regarding decreasing an upholstered sofa's "back pitch angle" other than having to raise the front of the frame.

Thank you.

By laleh from Abu Dhabi, UAE

I don't have an answer for you, but I have noticed the last several years that it seems like upholstered furniture is made so that you can't sit up straight on it and have your back against the back, because you seem to end up sitting on your tail bone. The top of the back seems to be tilted back or something. Also the seats seem to be too deep from front to back. Another pet peeve is it is real hard to find a couch that has a back that is in a solid piece, they either have a bunch of loose cushions or cushions that look loose but are attached, which have tendency to lose their shape real fast.

Hello Lalea, I have read you needs in refurbishing your sofa. First replacing the cushions, OK, done. Not good. Next, fixing the pitch from front to back. I do not have a remedy for you. Just feed it to the camels out back and go to the thrift store and get another one.

Some of the things you state are unfixable. If it where me, I would get a lot of cushions and throw a beautiful rug over them.

I would rather sit on the floor than sit on a broken-down couch. I know this is not the usual anywhere in the US. But, where you are living, I would think that there are some colorful alternatives to sitting on this behemoth and pretending to enjoy it. As it is, I am living on hand-me-downs from my family over the years, and I have just about have had it.

The greatest luck to you, and good fortune.I just got rid of the couch I slept on when I was 2 years old. I am 60 now and I am glad it is gone. Sue, USA

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasSeptember 28, 2009
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed