Quickie Salad

• 1 Qt. fat free cottage cheese
  • 1 large or 2 small sugarfree Jello mixes*
  • 1 tub of lowfat or sugarfree Cool Whip
  • Ad
  • chopped nuts (optional)
  • 1 or 2 cans of canned fruit or 1 to 3 pieces of fresh fruit, chopped (depending on which fresh fruits you use)

*Any flavor Jello will do, but buy the same like flavor (Ex. 2 strawberry, or 2 orange, etc.)

My fruit choices sometimes match the Jello flavor (Ex.: mandarin orange slices and drained crushed pineapple with orange Jello. Or drained fruit cocktail with lime Jello.) With fruit cocktail, no more fruit is necessary unless you want to add it.

DO NOT mix Jello to package directions. In a large bowl, stir by hand, all ingredients. This is the fastest salad I can make and can be made up in a moments notice, if need be. Can be eaten for any meal as a entree, salad, snack or dessert. Can easily be duplicated or tripled.

You don't have to use sugarfree ingredients in this, if you choose not to.

Source: A pal brought a dish of this to my Papaw's memorial years ago. I though it was heavenly and asked for the recipe. I've changed it to suit my own tastes, any fruits can be used in it. This recipe always gets compliments.

By Terri from NV

This sounds delicious and is just what I was looking for. I am a member of an organization that has a monthly dinner. Many of the folks who attend are diabetic and often grumble (rightly so) that the food served is bad for them. Am I correct in assuming that this would be something they could enjoy? I have one question......when you add the canned fruit.....should it be drained or not? Thanks in advance. Also.......does anyone else out there have recipes that can be enjoyed by diabetics?

Hi Margie,

Yes, Anyone including diabetics can enjoy this salad, as I'm diabetic. I posted this recipe. All the canned fruits are drained & rinsed (except pineapple if in it's own juice). Any canned fruit that's in "heavy syrup", I rinse it & drain well before adding to the salad. I know I specified 2 like flavored jello mixes, once I used 1 small orange jello mix & 1 small peach jello mix, this, too, turned out good. It doesn't matter what flavors of Jello that I use, I always get compliments on it.

Another "diabetic" thank-you.

The best tasting "healthy" recipe I've come across in a long time (although I used full-fat cottage cheese, sugar-free Jello, and fat-free Cool Whip). Thank you for posting!

Sugar free lemon jello
Sugar Free Jello Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads FruitJune 17, 2008
Potato Salad Dressing
Potato Salad Dressing Recipes
Chef Salad
Chef Salad Recipes
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls