Vinegar for Icy Windshield

Were do you store the vinegar? Can you keep the vinegar spray bottle in the car? Does it freeze? I park on the street and have a 1 year old, and MPLS gets very cold. I am hoping you say it doesn't freeze so I can keep it in my car! :-)

By Jamie

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Vinegar will freeze at 28 degrees.

I have heard to use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) in 2/3 and water in 1/3 and mix it into a spray bottle. Not only is it supposed to remove the frost from the windshield, but it also can be stored in your truck or wherever as the rubbing alcohol can withstand freezing down to-25. Of course, none of this is personal experience, but something I am going to try for sure! I hope it works for you too!

Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingOctober 20, 2011
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:11:09 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.