Product Review: Black and Decker Power Scrubber

I have a little tool that I have had for at least 8 years. It's a Black and Decker Model PKS150 Power Scrubber, but since I bought mine, they have come out with newer models. I only paid about $10-15 for mine.

It is used on every surface in the house, except glass and mirrors, although I have made a cover for it so that I'm able to use it on those surfaces, too. It's submersible, so I can use it to scrub the tub and toilet, too. Plus it's battery powered. Uses 4 AA batteries, of which I use rechargeables so I don't have to buy them.

I love this product and keep it in my cleaning carry-tote.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Do I understand you right that you use this same tool for your toilet and then for every surface in your house too? I think that's pretty unsanitary.

Unless you've got extra brushes, I do not think you should be using the same brush to clean the toilet as you would your kitchen sink! Nor would I use on tile grout and then on the stove, etc.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningJune 8, 2009
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online