Keeping Cool by Grilling Lots of Meat

I fire up my grill once a week and grill enough meat for the entire week -- hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken breasts, steaks and pork chops. I don't have to heat up the kitchen (I reheat in the microwave), use only one bag of charcoal and don't sweat more than one day in the heat by the grill. With 40 plus days of over 100 degrees heat, this helps keep my kitchen much cooler, plus saves me cooking time.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, Tx

I thought that I was the only one who did this. Do you grill veggies for your meals too? I have an old loaf pan that I keep just for this. I fill it with sliced carrots, celery, cubed potatoes, onions, and some corn. Drizzle with a little olive oil, cover with foil, and put on the grill. I leave them in the back while I grill our meat, or out them on when everything else is done. I have veggies and meat for another meal. I also slice some zucchini, drizzle with olive oil or Italian salad dressing and grill it too. This is so good.

THIS IS WONDERFUL in principle. Caution: Because smoking/grilling over charcoal creates Cancer-causing Carcinogens, unless smoked foods are SELDOM consumed, we are warned by the Surgeon General, the American Medical Association, Alternative Medicine, and the American Cancer Assoc. to AVOID eating smoked foods, including smoked cheeses!

If they know what they are talking about, we want to comply. If they do NOT, we can carry on, but should we do this and find out when it is too late? I prefer to heed their advice and simply pan/oven grill or eat

MUCH less meat and concentrate on fresh ORGANIC veggies for the same money. God bless you.

I do this on cooler days too, when I can use my oven. I bake a lot of chicken, and after it's cooled down, freeze it in meal sized portions. I also bake double batches of meatballs, meatloaf and roasts.

When I have some of the meat for dinner, I make buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. But, I cook a whole package of noodles or box of instant potatoes at once. What's not eaten for dinner, I freeze in quart sized zip lock baggies.