Shopping for Cool Whip in Ireland

In some baking recipes Cool Whip is used. Does anybody know if it is manufactured under another name? In Ireland I have failed to find it. Hope you can help.
Thank you.

By Deirdre from Ireland

I looked on the Asda website, and the closest thing I see is:

Bird's Dream Topping packets

Basically, Cool Whip is a non-dairy sweetened whipped topping. You could substitute sweetened whipped cream in some recipes; or the prepared Dream Topping. Good Luck!

Thank you Jilson for information on cool whip.

I live in the south of Ireland and do not have an Asda store but I can purchase Birds Dream Topping.

Again thank you, now I can try some of the recipes I have saved.

Deirdre

Cool Whip is a frozen stabilized non-dairy whip cream and comes in a small plastic tub and it's in the freezer dessert section of the market here. I am fairly certain you have the same thing but if not here is a recipe that will replace it. :-)

Stabilized Whip Cream

1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin

4 teaspoons cold water

1 cup heavy whipping cream (very cold)

1/4 cup confectioner's sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine gelatin and cold water in a small saucepan. Let stand until thick. Place over low heat, and stir constantly until gelatin dissolves; about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.

Whip cream, sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened. While beating, slowly and gradually add gelatin to the whipped cream mixture. Whip at high speed until stiff.

Makes about two cups.

In any recipe that calls for cool whip, you can use good old whipped cream and it will taste better. There is no food value in Cool whip.

Cool whip is made with very unhealthly ingredients including trans fats. I was very glad to see a recipe that can be substituted for it and is made of real food ingredients Thanks Deeli

I could not find the name for Cool Whip in Ireland. But here is wesite name for Kraft brands. kraftfoods.com/coolwhip Hope this will help.

It is basically an artificial whipped cream substitute. Just use sweetened whipped cream instead. Soften 20 gm. of unflavored gelatin & add to the whipped cteam if you need a stiffer product.

Frozen Whipped Topping on Blueberries
Using Frozen Whipped Topping
Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 31, 2010
cheesecake fruit dip recipes
Cheesecake Fruit Dip Recipes
A thermometer on the side of a house reading 100 degrees fahrenheit.
Keeping Your House Cool Without AC
Omelette on a Plate
Microwave Omelette Recipes
Homemade Cool Whip
Homemade Cool Whip Recipes
🎉
🎄