Help For Ostomy Supplies

I am homeless and need ostomy care supplies. Is there anywhere to get help?

By Beverly

I found a supplier which will send supplies free but you must pay shipping. Is there any way you can get help with that? It is called ostogroup. I found it by googling free ostomy supplies. There might be others. My husband had to have a colostomy for 6 months in 2006 but he was covered by medicare and our supplement. It is hard when you don't have insurance. I wish everyone could be on medicare.

Try www.ostogroup.org They have ostomy supplies for the uninsured.

Do you qualify for Medicaid? Are these supplies covered? Perhaps a shelter or relative or friend can receive the things you need.

Since you appear to have access to a computer, look up the companies that make your ostomy supplies and see if they have Patient Assistance Programs. You'll have to print out a form and send some documentation, but some companies will send these items and prescription medicines for free (or very little cost) to people who qualify. Hopefully you have an address where you can receive these items, but be aware that in some cases they send by Fedex and you have to sign for them. I have received several Rx medicines and diabetes test strips for free through these programs when I was unemployed. Good luck to you.

Especially since you're homeless you should be able to get Medicaid! You don't mention where you live or I would have looked up your local Department of Human Services for you but you can easily do it with a Google search and then get yourself to their office ASAP! They will also give you resources to check out for housing and possibly food coupons.

There is a national charity called Love,INC. (www.loveinc.org). Find a chapter near you and they may know how to help you or know someone who can!

March 4, 2013 Flag

I need to know if any one can help me with ileostomy supplies. I have Alabama medicaid, but the bags that I can get have a two hour staying on period then I have to do the best I can. Maybe some one can help me. Thank you.

By Judy

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried Duke Medical Supplies?

8886786692.

My Dad used reusable bags. Messy and time consuming, but cheaper.

Are you still in need of ileostomy bags? I have few that secure with elastic belt.

Do you know the size of you stoma, I have no insurance period, I came across a fb support group and a lady on there had some used ostomy supplies. My stoma has taken on a oval shape and the bags I got from her I cannot get to seal. They a one piece unit so the wafer and bag is one piece, they are the coloplast brand. Can you message me on facebook. I haven't totally given up on them but getting real close. When I do my supply will be non existent. These bags are for a smaller stoma.

November 5, 2010 Flag

How can I get help obtaining ostomy supplies for my uninsured father?

Brittany from Paragould, AR

Answers:

re- help paying for ostomy supplies

Is there anyone out there that can get me some help? I am very strapped for money and need these things, bags and wafers. If anyone can help, please e-mail me. Thank you. (07/13/2008)

By Jennell

May 8, 2008 Flag

I read the post about a person's friend who needs ostomy supplies. When my DH had his surgery in 2006 we encountered so many people who were either under insured or had no insurance at all. This post on the 24th got me thinking. There must be some help somewhere. I did some googling and found this site:

They help people who aren't insured to get the supplies they need. It is also a place where you can give charitable donations if you wish.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

Answers:

Help For Ostomy Supplies

I just wanted to thank you for posting the info about this helpful organization. I looked at their web site & they are truly doing Gods work on earth, helping those who need help but have no or very little insurance or money. Thank God there are people out there who take the time to run an organization such as this! ...Hopefully they'll get donations. (04/02/2008)

By Cyinda

Help For Ostomy Supplies

This is wonderful! A few years ago my mom had a temporary colostomy for about a year. Her insurance only covered so much & allowed so many per month. Sometimes she would run out, because she was just learning & there were many mishaps. Many times I had to stop at the medical supply store & buy them & was shocked at the prices.

When she did have her reversal, we donated her supplies locally.

Good for you getting the word out!

Trish in CT (04/07/2008)

By GirlNumber5

Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 5, 2010
Photo of a back pack, colored pencils, paper and other school supplies.
Saving Money on School Supplies
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
School Supplies
Organizing School Supplies
A backpack full of school supplies.
Finding Help Getting School Clothing and Supplies
🎄