Finding Source for Free Ostomy Supplies

I need free ostomy supplies. Can someone please help me with suggestions for finding a source?

Best Answer

If you have insurance, your insurance may cover all of your ostomy supplies or a part of it. (depending on your coverage)

There are some websites on the web that can give you a free sample to see if you like the product to continue to order more.

Best Answer

I have my Dr. write a prescription to the place I order from. My insurance company will then pay their portion of my pouches and skin care. You might also find out if your area has a cancer center. Many times ostomy items are donated from families to help others when their loved ones have passed on. Hope this helps.

If insurance doesnt cover it, ask the doctor for free samples and write the company directly asking for financial help.

Apparently you do not have insurance or either the co-pay is too much. The first place to ask for help is from your doctor as they should have some samples and they may have a list of places that may be able to help you with this cost.

• You can contact several places that may be able to help you. Most of these places must discard any unused supplies when a patient dies or leaves their facility. This is a fact of life and most of these places donate these supplies to thrift stores.
  • Hospice and Hospice Thrift stores may be able to help you even it is not a continuing thing.
  • You should contact some of the nursing homes in your area as they may be able to help you.
  • I would also suggest you place free ads in your local Craigslist, Freecycle and Nextdoor as you can always decline anything that you do not feel is appropriate.
  • nextdoor.com/
  • You can contact your local Cancer Society and let them suggest where to go for help.
  • www.cancer.org/.../local.html
  • Here are some sites that you can check to see if you are eligible for assistance through their programs.
  • www.convatec.com/.../
  • www.ostogroup.org/.../
  • www.ostomy.org/Find_a_Support_Group.html

Please understand, most of these places offer free help to people who cannot afford to pay for their supplies.

if none of the above work you can contact organizations meant to support folks with specific conditions. if you have some sort of cancer you can go here www.ccalliance.org/

www.cancercare.org/.../45-colorectal_cancer_patient_support_group

or if you have Crohns, here www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/.../

usually these advocacy groups will offer guidance or supplies