Cassie (Weimaraner Mix)

Cassie is about two, and mostly weimaraner. Living in the country, it's not unusual for a dog to show up in our yard. Since we can't afford to keep every dog that shows up, we just refuse to feed them. Eventually they'll look for another place.

But this dog decided she wanted to live with us. One day, about 3 days after she showed up, I was straightening up my gardening wagon and heard a rustling sound behind me. When I turned, she was in the bag of Sevin eating her heart out.

Of course I got her out and found hubby and told him that we have to either call the pound (They charge $60 to pick up strays) or feed her. He asked me what I wanted to do - and I said, "Feed her."

Of course, the next day I took her to the vet for 'necessary conditioning' and the regular stuff! She's become a constant companion and really loves her home. She loves everybody, and is very gentle and patient with the grandchildren. She was very, very easy to train.

The vet says God dropped a diamond in my lap. She plays with our cats and loves to tree squirrels. I've never known her to catch or hurt one. She just loves to see the squirrels run up a tree. Cassie stays with me almost constantly. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, she's right beside me. When I'm working in the garden, she lays right at the edge (she knows her limit). If I'm sleeping, she's sits (or lays) and my feet until I awaken. When she wants something to eat or a treat, she'll sit at my feet and ''talk' to me. As soon as I acknowledge her need, she's happy.

By Norma

A lot of my dogs have shown up in my yard too.

Awww. Cassie knew she would find a good home with you. She knew you were going to be kind & loving to her. Thank you for giving her such a good home.

Weimaraner
Weimaraner - Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesDecember 6, 2010
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Onion Soup
Dry Onion Soup Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
🎄