This tasty salad is easy to put together and is full of flavor. Perfect to bring to a potluck or as a light meal.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 To 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, red, drained
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet until the beef no longer remains pink. Drain.
- Stir chili powder, oregano, and cumin into beef mixture; cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Mix gently to combine.
- Combine lettuce and cheese in large serving bowl. Portion lettuce and cheese onto 4 plates. Add 1 cup of beef mixture on top of lettuce and cheese.
Servings: 4 (about 1/2 cup beef mixture, 1/2 cup lettuce and cheese mixture).
Total fat: 22 grams
Saturated fat: 9 grams
Cholesterol: 98 milligrams
Sodium: 411 milligrams
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 10:29:58 PM on 10.0.0.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us