Removing Nail Polish from a Dolls Face - Categories:

MiscellaneousCleaning

Removing Nail Polish from a Dolls Face

My mother has a doll that is at least 50 years old, when I was a little girl I got into my mom's nail polish and decided to paint the doll's eyes and some of her face. What I would like to know is this... Would it be ok to use polish remover on this doll or would it destroy it, and if this would do damage to the doll then is there something out there that I can use to remove it?

Wendy from Missouri

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

use nail polish remover

It all depends what the doll is made out of. If it's a type of rubber or some plastics, it WILL ruin or even melt the doll. If it is a ceramic face & is painted, it will remove the paint. I'm not sure what you could use, but be very careful on your advices. Call an antique dealer or a doll club or collector. Nail polish remover will take off even permanent marker, because it has acetone in it, which is a paint remover! Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJune 24, 2004
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Two girls putting on nail polish on a couch.
Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:37:58 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.