Product FinderConsumer Advice

Looking for a Good Non-Stick Skillet

Could someone please recommend a non stick 10 inch -12 inch skillet? Suggest one that you love and provide some idea of cost and how long you've used it. Thanks.

By bullfrogcorner

I am partial to The Pampered Chef non-stick cookware. I do sell the productline so I am a little prejudice. It has a lifetime against manufacturer defects and goes into the oven. It costs about $148 for the 12" skillet. I have had my original cookware for 10 years and it is still great. The company stands by their products.

I make just about everything in the cookware. Quick tomato sauce, stir fry, roasts in the oven, 30 minute chicken Parmesan, pancakes, eggs, pan fried fish, casseroles both oven and stovetop. You name it, I make it in the 12" skillet. Out of 7 nights that I cook, I probably use the skillet 5 nights for dinner. It's worth the investment because you will use it all the time and the quality is there.

You can go the the website if you want to see the specifications or you can contact me at my email. It is my username @msn.com. I cannot put my individual website here due to regulations but you can contact me via email.

I have a non stick electric skillet from Kmart,I like it & use it a lot,cost about $40.00 ,you can also find them online just to see what they look like,I like my cast iron skillets,they can't be beat,can also use them in oven,they last a life time,good luck.

The skillet I have is made by Rival. I failed to put it in my post to you, good luck.

Anonymous

At the Target store, you can get a Kitchenaid skillet for $19.99 and up, depending on the size. I checked the website as well and you can view them all on there, as well as in store. These are coated with non-stick ceramic and not harmful Teflon. I have had mine since Christmas, as well as the pot set. They are the most wonderful pieces, quick clean up by wiping out and cloth washing in sudsy water. Nothing sticks and nothing harmful comes off onto your food.

I have a 12" Emeril non-stick skillet that I use only for cooking fish. Otherwise, I use stainless-steel. Calphalon is also a good product for non-stick. By the way, Teflon IS NOT bad or harmful to you. Don't believe everything you hear/read. In order for Teflon to be harmful, you'd have to heat it to way over 700 degrees and the ordinary home stoves don't get that hot. Like anything else, the pan is only as good as you're willing to take care of it. When I put my skillet in the cupboard, I line it with paper towels so it doesn't get scratched. Never put them in the dishwasher and use only plastic or wooden utensils.

I use only T-FAL skillets and griddles. I have never had any problems with them.

I have two favorites. Number one is a cast iron skillet that I have had for over 40 years, yes, 40, and I received it from my late mother-in-law, so I do not know how old it is. It is perfect for everything. It should never be scrubbed with detergent, just rubbed out with a rag and hot water, then dried and lightly oiled. Of course it does have to be "cured" the first time. Which is not difficult. The more it is used, the smoother the finish gets. The other favorite is a simple silver stone skillet which I use for anything, like fish. I usually have a couple of them, actually, one smaller, one "normal" size.

LJF again, forgot about price. I think they are still reasonable, maybe $15-$20 at stores like Wal Mart, etc.

Most non-stick pans are made with teflon. There is recent studies that say the fumes from teflon are hazardous. You can kill birds with the fumes from them. There is one called green pans, i got some from either HSN or QVC. They have a ceramic, very hard surface & can be used on high heat. They are not very expensive, either. I've had come calphalon for decades, they are good, too, but Teflon & very expensive.

I like my cookware from QVC--Cooks Essentials. No sticking and so easy to clean.

I love my SCANPAN which is made of titanium and NOT TEFLON.

On a medium-high heat, I use about a teaspoon of oil and I get creat carmelization of my veg and meat dishes. It conducts heat evenly throughout the pan and the handles are very comfortable.

There is a brand Anolon which you can buy online. They are around 40 dollars for a skillet and well worth the price. They also have other pans. I've had a skillet for over a year and it still looks like new, no scratches.

I have had really good luck with T-fal and have been using it for years. Good cooking and God bless you!

I swear by a 12" antique cast iron pan that I found at a demolition outlet. It is first seasoned with coconut oil and cleaned with salt after use. Another light coating of the coconut oil and it hangs for the next use. My bigger pan is over thirty years old now. Once you know your skillet it is a friend for life.

I have used my Pampered Chef one for about 5 years and I love it! I pinch a penny until it bleeds and I would definitely suggest this one! You could pay full price at 148.00 or get it for half off if you host a show.. you could host a catalog show and get the benefit! The piece is amazing! I also use it to thaw my meats. It pulls the coldness off the meats quick without heating! It melts an ice cube quicker than just putting it on a plate on the counter top! If you are interested, send me an email!

I have a pampered chef skillet. It is not the new one out. It is the older version. I have had it about 5 years. Not sure on the price I received it as a gift. My sister is a rep if you would like to contact me. Or maybe you could go to ebay and check it out, maybe some rep is getting rid of everything! Good Luck

Look for a coating of Excalibur. Also, restrict the pan (this is true of all coatings) to medium heat.

Try ebay.com

Here's what we use. I originally just got it for eggs but we've used it for everything from stirfry to chicken parmesan. http://www.sear  ans+%26+Skillets