Chop and Wait Before Cooking With Garlic

There is new scientific evidence that eating garlic may reduce your chances of getting a heart attack. In order to be most effective, the garlic needs to be chopped up and sauteed or cooked for a short while. The beneficial ingredient will develop over time so be sure to chop up the garlic and let it sit for about 10 minutes before using.

Usually I would chop the garlic as my last step before throwing it in the pan. Now I just make sure to mince or press garlic as my first step when cooking and then prep the rest of the food. It is easy enough to do if I know it is important.

Source: I read about this in Cooking Light magazine. It was such an easy change in my routine that I thought I would share it with everyone else.

Jess in Oregon

It's the same way with carrots... The Beta Carotene is more easily assimilated if the carrots are cooked a bit.

What a great tip! Thanks for sharing

Cooking With Garlic
Cooking With Garlic
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingSeptember 4, 2008
How to Make a Garlic Braid
How to Make a Garlic Braid
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Chop Suey Recipes
Chop Suey Recipes
🎄
🍂