Buying Lestoil in Canada

Category Products
Photo of a woman shopping for cleaners at the store.
This product is often suggested for difficult cleaning jobs. This is a guide about buying Lestoil in Canada.

I have coveralls with grease on them. I used Lestoil for years and now have multiple bottles of green cleaners that do not clean grease. Can we still buy Lestoil in Canada? Where? If not, what really will remove grease from work clothing?
Throwing out coveralls is not too good for the environment!

By Peter from Varna On Canada

Best Answer

Just thought of some other things that might help you get grease off your clothes.

1. Dawn dish washing liquid, original blue. I use this diluted as my stain remover when I wash clothes.

It's great for grease on dishes, etc. I'd use it straight, let it soak overnight in hot water, put some more Dawn on the grease before you wash it in hot water. You might have to repeat the process.

Do not dry the garment if the grease mark is still there, it will set the stain. True with all clothing.

2. Years ago there was a bar soap called Safeguard. I can't remember who made it or if it's still on the market, but it got out heavy equipment great out of my stepfather's hats and clothes. It was made for the body, but it was almost spooky seeing the grease literally dissolve off the hat when I washed it.

I'd Google it if you can't find it in the store anymore.

3. There's a bar soap called Zote. I've seen it in the dollar stores and there's a lot of info on this site about it. Can't exactly remember what it's for but i think it's for heavy stains. you can Google it. Again I'd use it like Dawn above.

4. I googled Lestoil and Drugstore.com and Amazon.com both sell it. Shipping costs come into play though. If you spend a certain amount shipping is free to the US. But I don't know about shipping to Canada. Check it out; maybe there's free shipping.

Don't know about shipping to Canada from Amazon.com, but there's shipping costs to the US, I know that.

But if you're desperate, maybe it would be worth it?

5. I just found out that Caress bar soap will remove adhesive from skin and remove scotch tape from glass. Maybe you can rub some on and let it soak and repeat the process like the above for Dawn.

Good luck. will let you know if/when I hear back from Clorox.

I emailed Chlorox who makes Lestoil and will post their answer when I get it from them.

I want to know where to buy it in Houston, TX USA. It's a fantastic product, nearly perfect in my opinion and gets out just about anything.

Good luck!

I heard back from Lestoil (Chlorox):

In Canada, Lestoil is distributed nationally, and we can provide some general information about product availability that should be helpful.

Mass merchandisers such as Loblaws, Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, Zellers, as well as major grocery chains are all likely sources. We'd suggest that you try these stores first; we would also encourage you to check with more than one store. Calling first to check if the product is on hand can save time.

Finally, since the product is nationally available, your retailer may be able to order it for you. We'd recommend that you approach your store manager to let him or her know of your interest in our product.

Lastly, our products are exclusively in retail distribution. Unfortunately, we don't sell any products directly to consumers.

---------

Hope this helps, but more importantly, hope you can find it and it will solve your problem with your clothes. In any case, I think you'll be hooked on how great a cleaner this is in general and how many uses you'll find for it.

Good luck!

The handcleaners used in shops to clean hands will also take the grease out of clothing. You do not want to use the ones with pumice though. Rub the handcleaner on the grease spots before laundering.

Don't know about Lestoil but my family guys get into things like this. If big insulated coveralls, I go to the laundro-mat for the large super sized washers in order to swirl more. Bleach and also a cleaning like Wisk or regular ERA. Cleans up farm oil like slick!

Where can I buy the cleaning liquid "Lestoil" in Canada?

By charlesboys from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Buying Lestoil in Canada

I haven't seen "Lestoil" for years, but "Pinesol" is the same thing. Lestoil is a pine cleaner.You can probably get a no name brand in your local grocery store or Walmart, Zellers, etc. That's a heavy duty cleaner so wear rubber gloves when using it.

(08/10/2009)

By quiltmum

Buying Lestoil in Canada

I live in Toronto and was at Honest Eds on Bloor and Bathurst (famous Goods Store) and they had Lestoil and even found the original Dawn dish soap. Hope that helps. You will be able to find Honest Eds on the internet.

Good luck. (08/14/2009)

By Enza

Top Comment

I would check at Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire as I saw both those places when I searched. It looks like you can also order it online.