Non-Greasy Fried Fish

Last year a friend of ours recommended a product called Panko. It is located in the Asian food section of the grocery store in a small green box. It is similar to a bread crumb mixture and is excellent in taste and your fish is not greasy. I have been told that it works great with chicken as well, but have not yet tried it.

You dip your skinned fish in milk, then lightly roll in flour. Then roll into beaten eggs then into the Panko. We have even just done it in milk and Panko. If you are lactose intolerant you could just run the fish under water as if washing it, but make sure to shake the drips so that the grease doesn't spatter.

We have cooked our fish and put it in the fridge overnight and reheated the next day and it is never soggy. It is so good! You can even season your flour before rolling the fish into it.

By Tawnda

HI There! Make sure your oil is hot enough too, or whatever you fry will be greasy. : )

I make my own panko by crushing saltines in a plastic bag, then toasting in a frying pan with a little butter (or Smart Balance for less fat). I use it to top off dishes like home made mac and cheese and other casseroles that get baked. You get a nice crunchy topping. Sheesh, this is making me hungry.

Cooking Fish
Cooking Fish
Food and Recipes Recipes FishJuly 1, 2004
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
🎉
🎄